The most difficult RPG you ever played?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
When I'm told EK is "too difficult", I can't avoid smiling. I think EK is a bit harsh, that's all.

Now, what is a difficult RPG?

Wizardry 6-8, certainly are.
Pool of Radiance (gold Box) had some interesting combats.
Fallout 1 has a harsh beginning, BG1 has a harsh ending.

Sir ShanksAlot

Dark Souls, the most punishing game in existence. So realistic, 1 sword strike can kill you. Any boss will 1 hit KO you and yeah....it's ridiculous tough.

RuMBot

id say ff1 was pretty hard. as a kid for nes i had nfc what i was doing. it wasnt until i was older when i played the emulated version for pc that i beat it. took foreeeeeeveer grinding too. thank fak for the ff>> button. furthermore i spent days flyyyyying around in my airship just lost, fighting the urge to google it! of course, i had to... as for EK, i do get a little frustrated when im deep in a dungeon and the wife starts nagging me. cant save right, she never understands. i gotta pick my times to delve dungeons lol no worries. after all these years i realized i LIKE the grinding.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
RuMBot":10w28b5d said:
id say ff1 was pretty hard. as a kid for nes i had nfc what i was doing. it wasnt until i was older when i played the emulated version for pc that i beat it. took foreeeeeeveer grinding too. thank fak for the ff>> button. furthermore i spent days flyyyyying around in my airship just lost, fighting the urge to google it! of course, i had to... as for EK, i do get a little frustrated when im deep in a dungeon and the wife starts nagging me. cant save right, she never understands. i gotta pick my times to delve dungeons lol no worries. after all these years i realized i LIKE the grinding.

just use save and exit!

Sam

One of my hardest RPG was Fate- Gates of Dawn.Remember that all of them who don't offer a automap where hard to play.So no compare to the new one like EK.

Eliadann

Drakkhen, by far.

Now, staying on the topic I must mention Wizardry 7 and Might&Magic VI.

- Elia

Karjus

See, I thought BG1s ending was far easier than the start. By that point your casters don't explode on a single hit and start getting some magic.

Fallout was only rough if you didn't kite while you were stuck with melee imo and if you took a nasty crit.

Fallout Tactics on iron man could be rough if you set the difficulty high but that wasn't quite a pure rpg.

Heh. The beginning of Divine Divinity on hardest if you didn't use any of the broken skills. (Good old scorpion traps). That was pretty mental.