Big earthquakes in New Zealand

ClockworkGhost

I'm okay though. There's a tsunami incoming off the east coast. I'm on the west coast, so I'm personally ok. Hopefully the wave isn't too big or too powerful.

Cassandra

Ghost,

hope you and your folk are save and sound in a high and dry place, sending regards and kind of a calming prayer to the nutty nature,

take care,

Cassandra

Dimidium

I hate it that was don't ever see that shit in the news here in the USA. It matters to me, I have friends all over the place. Finland, Scotland, Nepal, everyone here, you name it...

Dude, I am glad you're okay!

ClockworkGhost

The east coast of the South Island has been badly damaged, the rail network has been destroyed, roads are out, lots of land slides. Government is predicting six billion dollars worth of damages. Two people dead, a lot less than the last big earthquake, and less structural damage, but we're on holiday until further notice and everything non-essential is closed.

Could have been much worse. Thank the gods it was in the middle of the night and not during office hours. Thank the gods the loss of life wasn't higher.

Arrow

Sounds like you'really up Wellington way CG. It was freaky how much damage there was there and how much further north it was felt.
I'm down in QT and hardly felt it, and yet we are at the other end of the same fault line down here.
Weird thing is that an big one is overdue here, and in Wellington, but not where they are happening.
Ah the joys of living in the shaky Isles.

Dimidium

It finally made the news here in Cincinnati Ohio -.-

The thing that pisses me off, it had happened here the world would have known in five minutes..