Taking too long with the new update

Board Troll

A troll has to troll or he isn't a troll.

At least I'm civil about it...

Now, I'm under fire, by a flamethrower, nevertheless.

I digress.

I try to add substance to this forum, it's a perilous task to undertake the embodiment of the troll and remain within the framework of our rules. Entertainment is the purpose, much like the Exiled Kingdoms.

As it has always been between humanity and my people, I too, am misunderstood.

I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and sulk over my swampdonkey.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Board Troll":34zlw4fk said:
A troll has to troll or he isn't a troll.

At least I'm civil about it...

Now, I'm under fire, by a flamethrower, nevertheless.

I digress.

I try to add substance to this forum, it's a perilous task to undertake the embodiment of the troll and remain within the framework of our rules. Entertainment is the purpose, much like the Exiled Kingdoms.

As it has always been between humanity and my people, I too, am misunderstood.

I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and sulk over my swampdonkey.

Your work is appreciated, trust me :)

Board Troll

Dimidium":2gwbdluv said:
Do we need a section called The Trollfens for flaming?

If yes, I vote our Board Troll as the king of that domain.

A single section rated R (17+) where the forum rules don't apply would be a disaster. Feelings would get hurt, people would show how cruel they really are and absolutely nothing good would come out of it.

Kinda like Mercia

Board Troll

DavidBVal":wxgmt86m said:
Your work is appreciated, trust me :)

"Swampdonkey"

Said the troll, eyes pleading with desperate sadness, for every troll knows the depth of this longing sorrow and so do plead to the Creator, to show mercy upon our kind and grant us fulfillment within the Fens.

Dimidium

Board Troll":1ooerqnp said:
Dimidium":1ooerqnp said:
Do we need a section called The Trollfens for flaming?

If yes, I vote our Board Troll as the king of that domain.

A single section rated R (17+) where the forum rules don't apply would be a disaster. Feelings would get hurt, people would show how cruel they really are and absolutely nothing good would come out of it.

Kinda like Mercia

After reading your post, I agree with you.

Rob da Great

To past the time between updates try to find another game or activity to occupy your eagerness. Or try creating and leveling a new character to try different builds(skills/equipment/conpanion strategy) and sense crafting will be available one day start collecting gems, hides, and other stackables. Do town hall quest. Grind for gold you never know what the update will bring you can never have enough gold. Idk just suggestions and things I do to pass the time. We all want the update to happen asap, but getting on Davids case about completion will only stress, annoy, and slow things down. I'm not sure how many people on this forum have any game making, code writing, and project management experience, but there is a lot that needs done and tiny mistakes can render it failed or flawed. This means on top of hours of non stop work an additional amount of time can be added just to review back track fixing, tweaking, adding, and going over it a few times. Not to mention the real world problems he just like all of us has to deal with. He's not a robot, he has to sleep, eat, and crap lol. The reason its taking so long is because he wants not to be satisfied with the quality but also so that we will be able to enjoy it as well without disappointment from lack of this or that. He's creating this game for himself and us. So before giving him a hard time consider the fact that he's aware everyone is anticipating, and wanting a new update. I'm sure he's working as fast and as hard as he can. David has stated that he can never estimate time of completetion cause every update and work needed to complete are different there for instead of lieing say o tomorrow then the next day o tomorrow getting peoples hopes up he's pretty straight forward with the progress. This isn't a completed game its a work in progress which we all know so it is what it is and will be done when its done. You can't rush perfection and can't expect just cause you want it done by complaining does nothing but insult the creators work and talent. Take your time this is a really unique, creative, and enjoyable work of art. Thank you for making it. I have a hard time finding action hacknslash RPGs these day especially ones that take a step back to the simple old approach that I grew up to. Diablo, Balder's Gate, Never winter, and ect.. Honestly this new generation has ruined gaming. I mean there's a few good games but its like a couple diamonds in a sea of dirt. And honestly this game is amazing and has great potential not bullshitting or brown noseing I mean it cause if it was crap I'd tell you it was crap and wouldn't of bothered writing this, playing the game, buying the game, and joining this forum.

Board Troll

Rob da Great":1kd691ud said:
To past the time between updates try to find another game or activity to occupy your eagerness. Or try creating and leveling a new character to try different builds(skills/equipment/conpanion strategy) and sense crafting will be available one day start collecting gems, hides, and other stackables. Do town hall quest. Grind for gold you never know what the update will bring you can never have enough gold. Idk just suggestions and things I do to pass the time. We all want the update to happen asap, but getting on Davids case about completion will only stress, annoy, and slow things down. I'm not sure how many people on this forum have any game making, code writing, and project management experience, but there is a lot that needs done and tiny mistakes can render it failed or flawed. This means on top of hours of non stop work an additional amount of time can be added just to review back track fixing, tweaking, adding, and going over it a few times. Not to mention the real world problems he just like all of us has to deal with. He's not a robot, he has to sleep, eat, and crap lol. The reason its taking so long is because he wants not to be satisfied with the quality but also so that we will be able to enjoy it as well without disappointment from lack of this or that. He's creating this game for himself and us. So before giving him a hard time consider the fact that he's aware everyone is anticipating, and wanting a new update. I'm sure he's working as fast and as hard as he can. David has stated that he can never estimate time of completetion cause every update and work needed to complete are different there for instead of lieing say o tomorrow then the next day o tomorrow getting peoples hopes up he's pretty straight forward with the progress. This isn't a completed game its a work in progress which we all know so it is what it is and will be done when its done. You can't rush perfection and can't expect just cause you want it done by complaining does nothing but insult the creators work and talent. Take your time this is a really unique, creative, and enjoyable work of art. Thank you for making it. I have a hard time finding action hacknslash RPGs these day especially ones that take a step back to the simple old approach that I grew up to. Diablo, Balder's Gate, Never winter, and ect.. Honestly this new generation has ruined gaming. I mean there's a few good games but its like a couple diamonds in a sea of dirt. And honestly this game is amazing and has great potential not bullshitting or brown noseing I mean it cause if it was crap I'd tell you it was crap and wouldn't of bothered writing this, playing the game, buying the game, and joining this forum.

I just wanted to quote Rob because that's one heck of a paragraph. The only thing he left out was the swampdonkey. Seems Rob and David have something in common already! Being that this is your first post Rob, I'll forgive the slight as unintentional and WELCOME to the forums man! Nice to see a level minded human with some semblance of rationality drop by, even though you've probably been a part of the massacre in the Fens, hopefully, you'll see that we trolls just want to be left in peace.

Dimidium

What about a Troll Merchant - like Scamp and Mudcrab in Morrowind?

A Troll living in an unlikely area, with a swamp donkey pack animal. The Troll is a merchant with great, but random items: he buys and sells things for a higher price than all other merchants in the game. He can also have some really interesting conversation options regarding trolls and their history, lives, and their relationship with swamp donkeys.

I think it sounds cool. You guys?