EQ!

GauzeB

Share some old stories, classes, when you started etc.

I'll start obviously - cazic-thule server - started as a half elf warrior got rezzed by a cleric named medipack rescuekit... And my desire to play cleric was born. I started just as velius (sp? Been awhile) kept playing for while, quit and restarted numerous times. Finally did quit for good around the lost dungeons exp. Lost a lot of its charm over the years. I was there when we had to look at our spellbooks to med lol. Don't miss that.

He's currently Lvl 67 hit the cap and quit a few times. But I think I have over 2 years of logged in time on him.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
David Shouts: TRAIN TO ZONE!!!!!

Firiona Vie server (special ruleset, roleplaying). I even was in the same guild as Eliadann, if you would believe that. World is small :D

GauzeB

Lol karnaks... God that was annoying. But I had a toon briefly on fv. Wasn't my style. I do miss the old game pre Luclin pre pok ports.

Eliadann

Firionna Vie server. Guilds:

Chosen Spirit (family guild)
Forgotten Nemesis (raiding guild, but not hardcore). I was raid leader here for almost two years, taking the guild through OoW and GoD expansions up to Tacvi. I remember Ikky 4, Uqua and Ink´tutta raids, and laugh at the whiners that say that today´s games are hard. Oh yes, and the WoW childish showing off crew. Won´t forget to mention those.

Before being raid leader, I have very fond memories of Kunark and Velious expansions (especially the latter). Kael Drakkel was so amazing. And Vindi, yeah
- Elia

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing beats the first time you find Kelethin, does it?

Zarky

Brell Serilis, my first character played was an Erudite wizard, Zarkeezial Zephire. Made it to level 52 then quit playing. When I started again, made it to level 80. About 15 years and 26 expansions later, I still log in from time to time. Hard to give up this game that caused many, many many all nighters grinding hour after hour .... waiting countless hours for that named mob to spawn, praying and hopeing a higher level player doesnt pop in and KS me .... again! And when it spawns, nobody is around yay! ... but ... I almost killed him, died and lost my level. Corpse retrievals were a pain. But no matter how many times I went through these scenarios, I couldnt stop playing. Ive never experienced such an adrenaline rush playing a game, it was awesome!

Zarky

My first raid zone I joined was the Plane of Fear. Accompanied by my two best friends, Bryndle Bonzai and Tieefa Runnamuck, both are halfling druids, and countless others. I forget how far in we were and what mob we killed, but it dropped the Carmine Turbine, UBER wizzy drop at the time. Only 4 of us finger wigglers were in the raid and I rolled the highest, 84! And to this day, it rests proudly in my bank account :D

GauzeB

Just an old memory still proud of this one, was in vxed (had to look up which one) back when wars hp was 12-20k and cheal hadn't been nerfed yet... I landed a cheal on the tank while he was purple. Lol old time players, esp wars and clerics know that's a one in a million deal. Miss that game,made so many friends