What does your forum user name mean?

ClockworkGhost

Out of interest, why did you choose the forum username you're using? Mines an old IRC name i came up with based on a story I wrote as a kid. I ended up naming my own company after it. Now it just helps people from other forums to recognise me.

Has anyone else got an interesting story as to how they got their username? Is it one you use often elsewhere? Does it have any personal significance?

Haplo

My name is the main character from a fantasy book series called the death gate cycle by Margaret Weise and Tracy Hickman, it's my favorite fantasy series iv read. Iv used it on other forums in the past and as character names in various video games. I sometimes use the name Deathgate also.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Aalandryll was a drow thief in a short story I wrote back in Junior High that went on to be published in a small gaming magazine that went under a long time ago. I am by no means the only person using it elsewhere, and it is somewhat annoying when I try to use it and someone else already has it, but I guess it is a compliment as well. :)

feldon

Loreseeker
Been using Feldon as my gaming persona for 20+ years now. Can't recall it's exact origin or how it popped in my head, but I think I first named a character Feldon in a Choose your own Adventure short story I wrote in 2nd grade featuring Link, a hot air balloon, a robot and more than a few talking animals/machines.

Now I see the name show up a lot of places...

VioletVixen

Hi all! My game name has been much the same since high school. (A much longer time frame than I am comfortable with lol.) Any who, my favorite color is dark purple and have always been known as vixen (or vix for short.) Not at all an interesting g story but hey, there you have it.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
VioletVixen":2dp81sda said:
Hi all! My game name has been much the same since high school. (A much longer time frame than I am comfortable with lol.)

While definitely not everyone... that definitely applies to some of us... considering my 25th reunion is coming up...

VioletVixen

Aalandryll":1lr1er0k said:
VioletVixen":1lr1er0k said:
Hi all! My game name has been much the same since high school. (A much longer time frame than I am comfortable with lol.)

While definitely not everyone... that definitely applies to some of us... considering my 25th reunion is coming up...

Haha, I just tell everyone I am 22 with many years of experience lol.

Board Troll

Well, let's see.

If you can't figure it out...

You probably try to cut your steak with a maul.

:mrgreen:

feldon

Loreseeker
VioletVixen":2hc3rl3r said:
Hi all! My game name has been much the same since high school. (A much longer time frame than I am comfortable with lol.) Any who, my favorite color is dark purple and have always been known as vixen (or vix for short.) Not at all an interesting g story but hey, there you have it.
Love seeing the Gunslinger quote. My cleric Roland and warrior Cuthbert Allgood approve.