Magic the Gathering

Haplo

Anyone here play MtG? Iv been playing consistently for the last 5 years or so. I play competitively in the Modern and Legacy formats, and casual with friends playing EDH. I travel with friends to play in the grand prix tournaments or the scg opens when they are within an 8 hr drive time of my home city. Does anyone else play, and if so what formats or decks do you play?

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Haplo":1dasxyr2 said:
Anyone here play MtG? Iv been playing consistently for the last 5 years or so. I play competitively in the Modern and Legacy formats, and casual with friends playing EDH. I travel with friends to play in the grand prix tournaments or the scg opens when they are within an 8 hr drive time of my home city. Does anyone else play, and if so what formats or decks do you play?

I started playing Crack the Addiction early 1994...Still have most of my cards from then somewhere... stopped playing for years, started back up 2005 stopped 2008, and have not restarted other than playing the video games... Spent WAAAYYY too much money on packs.... and boxes and sleeves and.... nope nope nope not thinking about it... going back to the wiki to cleanse my soul

Haplo

But it's so much fun :) ur right tho its expensive to play, but the good thing is u can always sell your cards if u need some cash, put the down payment on my car with magic cards

ClockworkGhost

I started playing soon after it came out. I sold all my cards over ten years ago. I preferred Jihad, the Vampire card game that changed its name when all the drama started up in the Middle East.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I played from Antiquities to Ice Age or a little after. It was real fun, I particularly loved to play with ante, it's how I built my collection back them.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":ns2tndf4 said:
I played from Antiquities to Ice Age or a little after. It was real fun, I particularly loved to play with ante, it's how I built my collection back them.

+1... I got more than 1 Mox that way... I might have 1 or 2 still in my collection, but I sold a bunch of the rare stuff off when I needed to pay rent back in the day... Considering originals go for over $1000 now... I probably should see what I have whenever I get back home to the States.

ClockworkGhost

I had four black lotus', four of each mox gem, four of each of Urzras lands. Plainswalkers werent around, decks like fire-breathing unblockable creatures and fiendish min maxing with mana barbs and their exact opposite running at once and their caster hiding behind a circle of protection :) good times... first turn kills with Channel :)

Haplo

I was like 4 when the game first came out so I didn't have a chance to get mox or lotus when they were cheap :(