Oldschool Runescape.

SillySock

Do you play Runescape? Oldschool? This was my first RPG And I still play 10 years later :D.
They brought back the old version of Runescape from around 2007.
You can play it here: http://oldschool.runescape.com

Here's my current char :)

YaVLgKT.png

I can't get the pic to show sorry.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Always wanted to try but for one reason or another never did.

life tiger

I played runescape for about 5 years it was my first multiplayer game I remember that moment when I found out how get into the dungeoniring dungeon was super happy cuz I had no idea what I was doing same goes to every thing else in the game I hardly even knew English then eoc came out 90% of the players left and I got muted but my acc was safe and it just got worst so I quit turns out the game some how thought I was younger then 8 (after those 5 years of playing) oh well happy things never live for ever but they will always be remembered

Haplo

I played for a while years ago, does it even still exist? Last time I played was probably 5-8 years ago. Haven't had net connection on a pc since then so I never got a chance to see if it was still a running game

feldon

Loreseeker
It is still running, or at least was sometime last year.

I played sometime circa 2000, had a fairly developed toon, then it got too big/busy (couldn't ever find a free ore deposit), so I lost interest. Jumped back on last year, encountered similar issues and bailed, but had to admit the graphics had vastly improved.

Haplo

When I did play I always paid for additional content, it helped to have additional places to mine at beside in just the free world play area, so I don't recall having that problem too much. I may have to check it out again if I get my pc back up and running with household net connection, tho I'd have to start a new character cuz I can't remember what my name was back then. Iv used several new usernames since I last played...

Warrior.Jay

I'm a runescape classic player. Back when the game was still in the making. I updated and got a membership, played the newer versions off and on over the years. My level 96 still has his bunny ears, from the Easter drop of 2003. I had the full collection of Halloween masks, but sold them before they was worth much. Had a mask and Santa Hat before they were tradable items. I loved the holiday events....

My poor laptop doesn't like running the newer version. My character was decked in full dragon, with the abyssal whip and obsideon shield.. I miss the game, but they got too big and most computers won't even load the game. And it's all laggy because they have 100,000 people or more in every world on every server....

life tiger

I remember just crying over the idea of saving 1m money's for a whip now it costs like 10k and I have 40m...so much for that

SillySock

life tiger":o3kizc95 said:
I remember just crying over the idea of saving 1m money's for a whip now it costs like 10k and I have 40m...so much for that
Getting certian items meant a lot more in RS a few years ago. I joined in 2005. When DDS came out (+PP) I paid 200k for it. I remember being lured down the mole tunnels. He said a guy wanted to sell me a Whip in Edge and to follow him. He gave me a rope/spade and a candle. We got onto some stepping stones and he told me to click on the Candle.

You can guess the rest.
Screen went dark, the Mini map went dark. I had no tele and had no idea how to get out in the dark, or even when the candle was lit.

I Lost 2m / 2k sharks I had fished. For 13 year old me that was an achievement. And probably the first time I had stayed on a computer game over 2 hours.

life tiger

Yea when I was young and stupid I got lured to the wilderness and lost full mystic gear if that's what it's called