The universe

Teegs

Well now its rpgs, life and the Universe!
Isn't it amazing just how vast it is! Also how pretty much everything could be gone and we wouldn't know about it for tens of thousands, millions of years! Pretty intense if ya ask me. Like hey we just found a supernova! Well it blew up a couple million years ago but ya haha. Anyone else here love space and the universe and all that jazz like I do? Aside from playing video games my whole life I've also been in astronomy and constantly amazed by what we see on a daily basis way out there in the cosmos.
We are definitely not alone o_O

ClockworkGhost

I've been spending a bit of time reading up about quantum physics in relation to the shrinking and expanding of the universe. Superstring Theory is particularly interesting, as is the idea that there have been multiple 'big bangs', and that the universe may be both of infinite age and size.

Teegs

Ya lots of interesting material out there. I love how supercomputers are replicating the first star birth and trying to give us a glimpse of how it all started. Replicating black holes with lasers and trying to understand more about them and just what happens at the event horizon. We know so much yet we know nothing. Science and technology is expanding so fast I can't wait to see what we will have in even 10 years from now!

ClockworkGhost

Yes, we just need to find out how to link quantum physics to Newtonian physics and we'd be able to put the final pieces into a Unified Theory of Everything, something that would allow us interdimensional travel, teleportation, all kinds of cool things using the application of quantum mechanics in a Newtonian system. As soon as we discover how to apply a gravitational effect in quantum physics, then we'll be one step closer to that kind of reality :)

Teegs

I do believe we have been working a lot with gravity in quantum physics and astrophysics as of late. Making some groundbreaking discoveries. Many more questions and opinions about previous ideas and findings are being looked at again. But as with any science, it's constantly evolving as we discover new things. I'm hoping to see some revolutionary new technology develop in my life that I can witness. Nasa always surprises everyone with what they can do. Astrophysists working with theorys that defy the laws of physics as we know them, coming up with radical new ideas. Quantum mechanics is as intense as it is interesting haha. Unquantifiable

ClockworkGhost

I've seen revolutionary things happen in my life - computers the size of a building when I was young now fit into wristwatches, home computers have gone from ZX-81s with ASCII graphics to complex gaming platforms, society has changed radically since I was a kid, my kids already know more about computers and I used to work in IT.

Computers are the miracle of my generation, I think :) this computer I hold in my hand is a good example :)

Teegs

ClockworkGhost":1z10y7r9 said:
I've seen revolutionary things happen in my life - computers the size of a building when I was young now fit into wristwatches, home computers have gone from ZX-81s with ASCII graphics to complex gaming platforms, society has changed radically since I was a kid, my kids already know more about computers and I used to work in IT.

Computers are the miracle of my generation, I think :) this computer I hold in my hand is a good example :)

I agree 100%. heck I remember when the extended cord for the phone came out so I could go down the other room and talk on it! I remember vaguely a time before the Internet. Life was a lot simpler. My childhood was full of epic adventures outside. From that to a TV with 4 channels to nowadays. My computer from just 16 years ago only had 19 gig hd. My phone has 128gb lmao. It's mind boggling just how far we have come since. I was born in the 80s so I've gotten to experience technology leaps and bounds. I feel very lucky to have grown up in our huge technology boom. I can appreciate it a little more.
The fact I can play exiled kingdoms where ever I am is fantastic too haha. :lol:
I just can't wait to step into a room in my house and play some totally immersive VR.