Game of Thrones ...

Zarky

Anyone else watching this HBO series? My god, what a show! :D :D :D

After watching seasons 1 - 5, to describe what will.happen in season 6 with one word ...

VENGEANCE ... in all aspects.of the word!! The Iron Throne is up for grabs and hell has no fury!!

Season 6 will be one of the best seasons ever!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't watched the last season yet... EK has kind of turned me into a monk.

Also, as I heard it diverges from the books (or maybe even spoils future books not in print yet) I am unsure about watching it yet...

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I read (it's even in wikipedia) that George Martin told producers general plot he plans, so in a way show and books will be more or less in sync content wise.

Reason for that was in case George dies before he could complete his books.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Alan_SP":2r1lmire said:
I read (it's even in wikipedia) that George Martin told producers general plot he plans, so in a way show and books will be more or less in sync content wise.

Reason for that was in case George dies before he could complete his books.

Well, it's confirmed that they're going to diverge in a few things.

And to be honest, I am kind of liking more the show. the reason is, I believe GRRM is sick of it, and unwilling to keep at it; the last two books felt, to me, as if he was trying to escape his own story, desperately.

He keeps buying time, meandering, adding three new plots for each one he resolves... when he's on book 5 of 7. We still know nothing about the dead rising, since they appeared in the very first chapter of the first book. We know nothing about the god of light, and the protagonists are deep into subplots, in opposite ends of the world, in a story that is allegedly 70% done. And the worst part is, it is getting worse with each new book :D In the fifth, as he wasn't able to deliver poor Danerys to Westeros, no problem, there's a spare Targaryen, accompained by a dozen new characters! :D

So HBO writers, will likely be able to wrap the story nicely, cutting off all of the excesses. and maybe having fun in the proccess.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Well, he really likes to write a lot and have long winded stories. He's not only one.

Maybe the biggest problem he's having is having too much ideas and restrictions on books size and books numbers. And, it usually gets solved in a way that I don't like: just cutting left and right and calling it The End.

Problem with TV show can be loss of money. Sooner or later they can decide that show isn't worth new season. Whatever plans they had, it could be over forcefully. Sadly, there's too much examples for such sudden death of good TV show.

Jarl

I originally watched the show first, then read the books and wow, the difference when you compare them are insane! I highly recommended anyone who enjoys the show to read the books!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Jarl":2ixrq80y said:
I highly recommended anyone who enjoys the show to read the books!

For some reason I wait all books to be written.

I read Wizards rules books, now I don't even know what is last book I read, what was it all about... When author writes a book a year, you can forgot a lot (or at least me, without eidetic memory), but when Martin writes, it takes a decade or two for new book.

In that time span, I can forgot why I even started reading at all. :D