Do you remember your first RPG character

KillerX

Do you remember any specifics of the first character you made.
Mine was from d&d in 1979, his name was baltor. He was a human warrior with 18/32 strength. He evolved into a warrior cleric with help from my dm. He took pity on the stupidity of running into dungeons without looking, and left a armor of blessing for me so I could make it through a play without missing limbs. The armor also had a fire enchanted arm and a ice enchanted arm . Both would shoot a ball of elemental damage depending on the side used. It was extremely useful against cursed creatures. He used a great sword primarily, and a bastard sword against humans as it was slightly faster. I ran that character for 4 years before I finally made a new one.
What was yours

Zarky

My first character was a D&D character whom I forget his name but made it to level 14 Paladin.('87)

My most memorable character is Zarkeezial Zephire(aka; Zarky) lvl 81 Erudite Wizard on Everquest(death from afar, YAY!) :D ('95-2007 or so, but still play every now and then)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
KillerX":kwr1ytja said:
Do you remember any specifics of the first character you made.
Mine was from d&d in 1979, his name was baltor. He was a human warrior with 18/32 strength. He evolved into a warrior cleric with help from my dm. He took pity on the stupidity of running into dungeons without looking, and left a armor of blessing for me so I could make it through a play without missing limbs. The armor also had a fire enchanted arm and a ice enchanted arm . Both would shoot a ball of elemental damage depending on the side used. It was extremely useful against cursed creatures. He used a great sword primarily, and a bastard sword against humans as it was slightly faster. I ran that character for 4 years before I finally made a new one.
What was yours

1979!!!

Until someone dethrones you, I name you the grandpa of the forum :mrgreen:

I started playing around 1988, at age 13-14. I DM'ed most of the time and most of my few player characters were not memorable, but I remember distinctly my first one was a noldor elf in MERP (Middle Earth Roleplaying Game, a dumbed-down version of Rolemaster PnP). Later I played some characters I had lots of fun with, like a demonologist in Warhammer, my Red-Talon in werewolf, and as Zarky mentions, my EQ Paladin.

KillerX

I will accept the throne on condition of the following : All the early bird special coupons I can use, a lineament for my bum knee, and a diaper service to be named later. In exchange I will defend said throne with pithy remarks, a dangerous set of false teeth, and any diapers waiting for pickup by as yet unnamed service. If these conditions are acceptable, then I agree to the terms.

1988..... even my gamer tag is older than you, but I still like you bubba

Eliadann

I am quite fond of my Johan Dassbut, a human boatman in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (hands down), playing through The Enemy Within campaign module. I made my way to a shrine of my own God, and before the tomb of an old paladin (holding magical weapons and armor, waiting for me to take possesion of them), my God delivered one of those godly speeches about the world in great danger, the need of heroes, destiny, save the world and such, when He asked me: WILL YOU BE READY? I replied: NO.

For a brief instant, I left a God speechless. Beat that.

- Elia

KillerX

That's pretty funny, the closest I can get is: I once made a chaotic neutral paladin for giggles. A god was prayed down by the cleric in the group to give a quest . After he gave it I said no so he teleported all the group but me away then he dropped a mountain on me. After a couple hours the group was coming back and left a small offering to that God at my mountain.

Langley

Puh i cant remember fine but the first rpg i played was
Final Fantasy 7 and Pokemon red & blue edition.
Before it i played
super mario, north & south and other games on
gameboy, atari, amiga and commodore.
So my first rpg character was Cloud or Ash ^^

Trasd

DavidBVal":1sywpjkz said:
1979!!!

Until someone dethrones you, I name you the grandpa of the forum :mrgreen:
I cannot say definitely that I started before 1979, but I was assuredly playing by then (I'd have to check some of my old stuff for dates, but it's currently packed away)!

My first (memorable) toon was a Dwarf Thief named Forgone. The rules back then made him a real killer at backstabbing, especially against giants.

Ah, those were the days; no bills, no kids or grandkids, no bad health....

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Trasd":1tg063z2 said:
My first (memorable) toon was a Dwarf Thief named Forgone.

Hey, with that name your DM could have set up a "who's first base" scene... I would :)

Trasd

DavidBVal":12b6ho0b said:
Trasd":12b6ho0b said:
My first (memorable) toon was a Dwarf Thief named Forgone.

Hey, with that name your DM could have set up a "who's first base" scene... I would :)
I'm terrible with names. My second (memorable) toon was named Noname - go figure! :lol: