Introduce yourself thread

tommyknocker530

Loreseeker
Howdy all!
My name is Tom. I've been playing RPGs mostly on video games growing up, such as Diablo II, Neverwinter, the Fallout series, etc... I was introduced to the classic DnD boardgame and fell in love with that style of RPG.

I am an electrician and truck tire technician; I live in N. California, USA. I play guitar, amongst other instruments, and love to listen to music!

Peace and Prosperity

Spaceghost

Hi I`m Martin from the UK and I drive lorries for a living. I started my computer journey on the Amstrad 464 many years ago. I`m an avid RPG fan and my favorite games are the Elder Scrolls games from Daggerfall to Skyrim.

Owns

Loreseeker
Hello everyone, long-term lurker here stepping out of the dark. Mostly to give a big thank you to David for creating this wonderful game. Love how much thought went into all the little details with interesting/funny item descriptions and quests. I've played a lot of different RPG games over the years and I love how you've balanced "grindy" parts of the game with storyline and questing. More importantly the "grind" seems meaningful since it can be done to gain faction reputation at the same time, or while farming materials for a specific piece of equipment. I've always hated the grind and it's usually when I stop playing games but this is much more tolerable, it hardly feels like a grind at all. The random city quests are also a great idea, first time I've seen something like it. Found myself revisiting and completing dungeons I hadn't fully explored the first time. Seriously amazing job, and I can't wait to see what you do next.

I've had the game for over a year, started with a rogue class then experimented with a few paladin builds but hadn't gotten around to finishing it before. I recently realized that there was a major update with the mage class and new areas and decided to come back for more! Love the mage class btw, probably my favorite.

And thank you to the community as well for this very friendly and helpful forum/wiki atmosphere.

turboexpress

Hello! Just saw this thread, thought I'd say hello. First of all, thank you David and anyone else involved in making EK. Truly one of the best RPG's I played.
My name is Dan, I come from a retro console background. My favorite genre was always RPG's. It was great to stumble upon EK as it reminds me of many of the classics from back in the day, except it is way bigger and keeps evolving compared to others games. One of the smoothest RPG's made!!! Thank you!

Morticus Fabrum

Hey all, greetings from New Zealand;
Freaking awesome game, great work David and creators.
Big fan of Diablo/II, when I saw EK described like Diablo, gave it a hit, and it keeps me coming back. Keep up the great work

stubbieoz

Hi all. Name is Steve. Old timer Aussie here (61 and still standing).
Been playing digital games since the days of pong, google it you young wipper snappers :p but my preferred genre has always been computer rpg's.

I bought Exiled Kingdoms as soon as it was released on iOS but for whatever reason I stopped playing it (maybe because I was fairly new to iOS gaming and went on a spending spree filling up my big iPad Pro with, mind you mostly rubbish, games).

But I have been aching to get my teeth back into an old school rpg before I run outa time on this planet and rememberd I have this game sitting idle.

So seeing as the game is now all but finished I figured it's time to give it a real tryout.
Looking forward to losing many hours of getting totally engrosed in my favourite pastime. :D

ps...I'll probably be back asking for some sort of help. Even though I should be an expert after all the rpg's I have played in the past, I still manage to find myself totally lost at times....and loving it. ;)

Owns

Loreseeker
stubbieoz":22ir9071 said:
Been playing digital games since the days of pong, google it you young wipper snappers :p
Admittedly, I actually know what pong is, but not wipper snapper :lol: Glad you're still enjoying gaming, you will definitely enjoy EK and welcome to the forum

Sorceress Jaryzya

Hello, all! I am 42 from Pennsylvania, and have officially spent way more time on EK than my teenage sons have spent. It's such an awesome game! Mage L21 all the way, trolling around with Hirge. Game on!

Bjorn Firemane

Hello all,

OG gamer here, used to play with dice and paper and began playing rpg's on Commodore 64 the Ultima series that Ultima Online was based off of back in the 1980s. Loved games like Baulders Gate, Might & Magic series, Morrow Wind, Ever Quest, Asherons Call, Anarchy Online, Shadow Bane, Warcraft 1- WoW. Have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Animation (2d & 3d). But work in Emergency Management.

Like the gameplay and quests so far.

Just seems like there is never enough bag/bank space for all the Uncommon and Unique drops in a game that allows you to play out of order with companions.

I am a horder in games like this, because you never know when you will need certain resists, damage types, traits etc.

Also wondering why my warrior is hording mage robes when I have not found a mage companion yet. I have a few suggestions that might save your players heartache of selling/selecting the wrong quest item throughout their journey. But this doesn't seem like the thread for that.

Love the game graphics & UI. Quests are awesome and most mechanics seem to be working well. Kudos to Developer!

Hope the journey continues!

20 2h warrior running w/ 18 Hirge in my corner
3 shards
Full tower access
1house