It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm 

Greetings EK forum!
So I've started a YouTube channel and created some videos centered around Exiled Kingdoms. I have been away from it for a while, but now that I have my personal time organised I hope to move it into full swing.

I want to make general Trivia for Exiled Kingdoms, Such as Top Tens, Tips and Tricks, Leveling and Strategy Guides, Tributes, and even Lore Videos.
I will not only make videos centered around Exiled Kingdoms, but I will do RPGs, Medieval Fantasy themes, Fantasy and Philosophical Concepts in general.

I am not an Initiate or particularly well sourced, I am merely the same as anyone else, who in solitude, plays Exiled Kingdoms and wants to express their appreciation for it.
So, If acceptable, I hope to post links to my future videos in this thread and promote my content here. At the time of writing this my channel is in it's very early stages, so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
My Channel is in my Signature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:33 am 

Finally, my new video,
Rolf and the Seventh House

Sorry for the inactivity, I now hope to make regular uploads...
Quality is everything, no matter how long it takes... I now have things VERY organised to make videos for the entire EK storyline, I just hope I can do it justice considering how intricately woven the story is, especially the endgame!

If you do watch it, please Like and Subscribe!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:33 am 
EK Developer, Admin

Hey, lovely vid! Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:31 am 

DavidBVal wrote:
Hey, lovely vid! Keep up the good work.

Thankyou! And thanks for making such a brilliant game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 pm 

Greetings Forum!

To anyone out there that is following my work, I have another video that should be ready by today or tomorrow. It is part 1 of a 2 part video, THE OPPALAN FRONTIER.

The problem is, (I cannot say for sure yet) I may have to simplify my formula for making videos. I originally hoped for one video per week at very best, but for this, I must find a balance with quality and productivity, and at the moment it seems that I haven't.

Gathering footage is VERY difficult. I cannot afford to replay the game for each video (there are no shortcuts in this game!) I have a very organized archive of footage, around 50+ hours worth, but most of the time the footage is unusable and cannot be timed with the flow of the script, the result is something strange and visually unpleasant.

Seeing as though these videos are a NARRATION, the focus is heavily on the script and the story, and the immersive quality and flow of the videos is determined from the AUDIO.

I may have to substitute footage of gameplay with screenshots, stills, and artwork. Whilst there will still be gameplay footage in the video, most of it will be screenshots and relevant stills, brought to life through my narration.

This decision is not even solely to save time, the fact is the videos will look a hell of a lot better this way.

All this is still an open possibility, but either way, I still hope to produce the best quality of videos possible, videos that will immerse the viewer into the world of fantasy and Exiled Kingdoms.

I hope you can all understand and respect my decision. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:15 am 

Update:

There won't be any uploads until sometime next week... as for my previous statement, I have decided that I will continue to make videos of my usual style, using full gameplay footage.
This will take longer, but I would rather make good videos than bad ones.
I will have to figure a way to show clips of events that aren't actually in the game; this is tricky and time-consuming, but I have a few ideas.
And trying to match clips to a pre-written script is also tricky (without looping clips and showing inventory screens etc.)
I can also say my computer isn't cut out to run video-editing software, but I won't be able to change that for quite some time.

I am determined to produce a lore series for Exiled kingdoms, and I will see it through no matter what!

For now, here is the first video I made from a few months back, I'm really proud of it despite being so tacky, and to those of you that are following me I really appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:32 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

You are creating quite unique content, just have fun and do it the way it makes you feel better because there's no obligation whatsoever to commit to any dates or formats. You can do whatever you want, and take as long as you need :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 pm 

I have made a Facebook Page for my YouTube channel!
https://www.facebook.com/TributetoNostalgia/

I have more updates coming soon, and more videos. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm 

Greetings Forum!

I regret to say this, but I won't be able to continue with my YouTube channel.
My original plan was to work part-time and devote the rest of my time to this, but that will not be possible for a while.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I was doing; my vision was to create Lore videos in the style of VaatiVidya (known for his lore videos of the Dark Souls series). He was a big inspiration to me and has proven that anyone with honest intent, and willing to create something of genuine artistic merit, can succeed.
To retell the magnificent stories in the game as bite-size videos, for the viewer to relive the experience of the world of Exiled Kingdoms.

I may upload videos in the future of the same style, but this is not a guarantee, and it certainly will not be a complete lore series. And of course, I will not truly be a successful YouTuber without frequent and consistent uploads...

The concept still stands, I believe in the potential of Exiled Kingdoms, to me it is quite possibly the best piece of storytelling of all time; The Horrors, the Lost Kingdom, the Loreseekers, the Three, the Dead God Tol, Malan Stargazer and Andoria, Tremmadamn, the Magister, the Forsaken, and the quest for immortality on Nautamet... I could not fathom the kind of mind that could create such a masterpiece.

There is no organised YouTube scene for Exiled Kingdoms, despite all its potential and depth, so anyone else out there that is willing to give it a try, and is willing to create something of GENUINE ARTISTIC MERIT, please let me know, I would love to see it.

And thank you to David, for giving us Exiled Kingdoms, and the fact that I had your attention briefly gave me some motivation.
I look forward to Archaelund!