It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:25 pm 
Loreseeker

What are your Experiences in Pen and Paper Games that you want to share with fellow players and to those who are unfamiliar to the subject?

What are you to say to those who do not play DnD,Pathfinder or other TTRGs?

If it did,regardless of aspect/s,in what way did this TTRG change you or your life?

What are the most unforgettable moments you had while playing DnD,Pathfinder or Other TTRGs?(Please state the name of the TTRG)

(For those who have played TTRGs but hasn't been playing for a long time).If you have the chance to do so,will you play it again?If yes,would you like play with old playmates,with new people (with and/or without experience),or a mix of both?

What are your advise to those who are aspiring to play DnD(such as myself),Pathfinder,or other TTRGs and why should they keep doing it?

“Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.”

Warrior lvl - 20 Str/End Build - The Instrument of Honor and Utter Death

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:47 am 
EK Developer, Admin

Tabletop RPGs are a great hobby, for me easily the best and more fun, period. Besides the stories, the battles, and the laughs, there is something that makes tabletop RPGs unique: they allow *everyone* to be creative. Not everyone is good at writing or playing music or painting, but *everyone* can play a role and have a lot of fun with it. RPGs are great for building solid friendships, or at least that was my case.

I certainly encourage everyone to go and try them, at least once.

I started playing MERP as my first RPG when I was 14, then for the following 6-7 years I played tons of different RPGs... actually I dare say I've played most of them at some point. I DM'ed rolemaster, Warhammer, Vampire and D&D, but as a player I tried many more games. Call of Cthuluh, Runequest, Stormbringer, Paranoia, Gamma World, Werewolf, Ars Magica, GURPS, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk... that is, nearly every game released before 1998. From then, I could only afford to play computer RPGs, but after a 20 year break my old group was reunited to play a D&D game and I am having a lot of fun as the DM.

The biggest challenge nowadays is, of course, finding a suitable group. Also, in the twitter era, many might find studying a 300 page manual a little disheartening. Yeah, being a DM takes work and it's not for everyone. The good news is modern systems like D&D 5e are easier than they look, and once you get the hang of the rules everything is rather natural. Players don't need to know the rules by heart, either.