Baldurs Gate enhanced edition on sale - Android

RougeRogue

I hope it's ok to post it here. As we all love a good rpg i thought it might interest someone.

Its £1.69 instead of almost £10 atm. I think the sale ends in 3 or 4 days.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Not sure, don't think that's a problem.

Also: Thx a lot for the tip! Got it :lol:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah it's ok to post it. Is it really playable on mobile? Or only recommended for tablet?

RougeRogue

im using a note 4 (2560x1440 res) and the stylus makes it more enjoyable than using fingers, but it shouldnt be a problem without it. There's a scale to make text bigger but the ui doesnt scale as much.

Atomos

It's a really good offer. It'd be perfect if it didn't have ingame transactions, a while ago Planescape: Torment was available at a lowered price.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Now that's a good bargain. I still like BG1 more than BG2 because of the exploration and because it covers the low levels (always my favorite), but the epic scope of BG2, characters and villiain are simply awesome.

And I absolutely love D&D 2nd edition. That dual-classing hell, reaching negative AC, rolling a 18(100) STR... so many memories! Modern systems are so perfectly simmetric, logical, fair and... boring.

Atomos

DavidBVal":1x2viqo9 said:
rolling a 18(100) STR...
Oh yeah, I did that too, only to find out that neglecting intelligence isn't a good idea when fighting mind flayers. I always wondered why evil characters are somewhat smarter :roll:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Now those oldschool mindflayers were a nice fight that got you out of your comfort zone with a bang. Unlike "modern" mindflayers that I believe drain 1D2 INT and only after a grapple, those bastards took like, 4 or 5 INT per hit, right? I remember winning that battle in the sewers by creating a horde of summoned creatures to keep them busy while I killed them from a distance.

Atomos

Making meatshield with immunity to stun, high AC and intelligence boosted with potions worked too. Criticals were still dangerous though, and bad luck, or prolonged battle could turn the tide around. It's a shame that stat draining weapons were so rare. The only way to use their tactics was to turn a mage into mindflayer.

Btw, polymorphy is present in EK(Primzar does it), some advanced skill with that spell would be a good idea. Something like turning wounded enemy into weaker form could be nice :). Higher levels could work on creatures with more HP left. If not in this game, then perhaps in the next? :)