The Legend of Quan (Storytelling) See first post for guidelines.

feldon

Loreseeker
"Sand Storm" Nightshade yelled from the front of the pack, "Everyone, grab a hold of one another. We can't risk getting separated during the storm"

"If we hurry, we may still have time to find cover" David spoke, trying to hide the panic in his voice. He knew all too well the dangers of Mother Gaia and her many machinations. Having lost his youngest brother to a tempest while they traveled The Steel Sea, a brief thought of ironic justice enter his head that his brother was taken by the sea, and he very likely would be taken by the earth.

As the wind built from lifeless to raging, Quan reacted with a quick vow to the Three, and in an instant, his massive troll form was scooping Shia off the sands with one arm and placing his other hand on David's broad shoulders, pushing him forward, out of his trance. Nightshade led the group against the blasting sand and wind, searching for anything that might provide protection.

After a short eternity, Nightshade yelled over the storm, "I think there is a rock outcropping ahead we can duck behind until this..." His words were cut off by a guttural wail, horribly loud, as if echoed by each grain of sand swirling through darkness. "I don't think the storm is the only thing we have to worry about" Shia proclaimed, "I feel an unholy and sinister presence within the squall".

Finally under the cover of the rocks, the travelers regrouped, the humans glad Quan's thick skin also stood between them and the stinging bullets of sand. Weapons drawn they awaited whatever it was that they had all heard and Shia had felt.

And then the sand was no longer flying at them, but around them, encircling the group in a large sphere of calmness. As the storm continued to rage, a figure began to step slowly out of chaos and into the quiet.

Slender in frame, striking in his appearance, his long silver hair seemed to cast its own light. His hands moved continuously, flashes of blue and red streaking from his fingers periodically. "So it is by witchcraft you control this sand," David, now upright, focused, hand on sword hilt, shouted.

"Witchcraft? Is this how your feeble mind tries to comprehend my power? Very well. If it eases your simple thoughts, let us call it witchcraft." As if not paying any heed to the warriors, the man began to walk slowly about, "I find it odd my master would have sent me after the likes of you. He must think I'm bored. Or I have already killed all those worthy of my 'witchcraft'."

At this, Quan stepped in front of his companions, rising to his full stature, Torchlight prepared to strike. "I may not be worthy but you will no longer be as handsome, should you come any closer."

"Fear not. Death is not my mission, only warning. Turn back now. Return to the hovels from which you came, and forget you ever gleaned of some grand adventure. Awake in your stank filled homes some days later, assured this was all a bad dream. Or continue on, and you will lose everything. You will pray for my master to end your existence, and only by his mercy shall you leave this world,"

With that, he was gone, the sand rushing back, the torrent blowing harder than ever...

Board Troll

"We should press onward." David suggested as his three companions looked at one another with concern etched upon their faces. "New Garand is not so far now, we should make it before sunrise."

The fleas were really starting to bother Quan, always biting him just when he'd forgotten about them. It seemed The Three intended him to suffer in Their service and he wondered aloud..."What forces await us, the ignorant, on some folly quest in which we not even understand our undertaking? I say enough!"

He drew forth the scroll and the medallion. The medallion was a triangle with a single circular gem inset within. The gem was unusual itself, three spiraling teardrops of flawless ruby, saffire, and topaz. A brilliant red, blue, and yellow respectively. Where they converged in the very center of the talisman was a gem unlike anything he'd ever seen, a diamond so clear and unusually cut that it was near invisible.

Quan took the talisman and held it up to his eye and lifted the scroll up behind it. Whispering a prayer to The Three as he did so..."Guide me."

The ilmaran script seemed to blur and then became legible.

The chosen of The Three shall seek out the Necronomicon. Within it's pages the knowledge and power contained will be needed when the land has fallen. Chaos and absolute evil shall consume the world and all life shall be no more, should the chosen fail.

"The Book of the Dead." Quan stated flatly.

"I thought it was just a myth." Nightshade remarked, looking at the receding sandstorm trailing off in the distance. "There are loreseekers in New Garand, perhaps they may know more."

Shia pointed off into the distance, towards the capital city... "Then let us be on our way, I tire of these infernal sands blistering my feet."

The companions pressed forward, and hours layer, indeed, just before twilight, the lights of the city came into view.

"Let us have our answers." David said, and headed toward the gates.

feldon

Loreseeker
And thus the party of now steadfast comrades came to the mighty gates of the capital city New Garand, eager to learn more about the evil they now faced and figure out their next move.