Recommend a good Android Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Da Cruz

Currently I play EK on my Galaxy S6. I browse the forum and wiki back and forth between my phone and laptop. The laptop belongs to the wife, so I don't get to use it enough to do more things on the forum. I would like an Android based tablet to enable me to have a better play experience on EK as well as do more with the wiki site. I think having a bigger screen will make editing easier than from a phone. It has to be budget friendly and have enough power to do those tasks, nothing too crazy. What are your recommendations? :geek:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The first decision you have to make is size. You want a 7, a 8 or a 10 inches, and that's something you have to decide before going shopping them. If it will be mostly for gaming, and not so much for reading full size documents, I think 8 inches are ideal, combined with low weight so gaming isn't uncomfortable.

As for brands... There's no longer good ones anymore, but yeah nexus is ok. and in any case pick a popular model that many people have, that is the best guarantee for android updates (even unofficial ones like cyanogen)

Edit: the most important spec is RAM. In 2016 make sure your device has 2Gb RAM. Above that it will rarely be used and there's little difference.

Don Da Cruz

I have been eyeing the Nvidia Shield K1. Apparently its suppose to be alright at gaming and can even play PC Titles(ported?) according to reviews. Has anyone seen it? I'm gonna check out the Nexus devices also, it seems sound to have a device created and powered by the same people.

Scyklon

My wife had a galaxy tab s2 (i think its the name) its very good, 10 inches screen, i had never play EK in it, but i also play mortal kombat 10 and it had never lag, it has some cool stuff, like the double screen as in galaxy s 5, and i think its an mali ( dont remember)

Sharkyinthe UK

You need 2gb RAM, then look at the size onboard memory, Facebook is a massive memory hog and doesn't like being on a SD card !

I am running a 10" Lenovo Yoga Tab 2, with 32gb onboard, and 2gb RAM. I chose this over the tab 3, as it has the 32gb onboard, the tab 3 only has 16gb onboard.

mordeith

they dont make them like the old acer a100s,..but ive had a nexus 7(awesome performance), and my current samsung galazy tab 2..which rocks(but uses alot of battery)...try going to xda and reading reviews,and moddabliity

Status
Not open for further replies.