Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

Tikibane

Sir ShanksAlot":2khsujyw said:
Stickied, I imagine this wont be the last Weapon/Armor idea thread in the world. Might make it easier for David to find too. Until he deems that I take it down :p.

It's a wonderful thing i think. I went ahead and quoted you into the 1st post so people can see the beauty that you made more quickly.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Great stuff here, sorry if I'm not highly participative this week, but I wanted to release an update past Sunday and here I am, 2 days later, still with a long list of things to do... :p

Tikibane

Sir ShanksAlot":1zbs8692 said:
I could whip up a nice quest for it too! That would be a glorious reward

I think it'd be a rather nice quest reward. But it'd require new sprite animations and such.

Sir ShanksAlot

DavidBVal":p3el8azh said:
Great stuff here, sorry if I'm not highly participative this week, but I wanted to release an update past Sunday and here I am, 2 days later, still with a long list of things to do... :p

We understand completely. We are just making your next to do list ;) lol jk

Sir ShanksAlot

Tikibane":6k0uk9mf said:
Sir ShanksAlot":6k0uk9mf said:

I think it'd be a rather nice quest reward. But it'd require new sprite animations and such.

Well thankfully whips are pretty basic, a chord. lol I wouldn't be opposed to making the sprite animation myself if I was granted access to the proper tools.
I would use the
Demon from that Dark Matter's Quest if you peek in the jar
as the boss that has stolen the whip and placed a curse on it. You must recover it for the three and purify this holy weapon once again. It shall be called : The Cleanse .

Tikibane

Sir ShanksAlot":osytgip1 said:
Tikibane":osytgip1 said:
Sir ShanksAlot":osytgip1 said:

Well thankfully whips are pretty basic, a chord. lol I wouldn't be opposed to making the sprite animation myself if I was granted access to the proper tools.
I would use the
as the boss that has stolen the whip and placed a curse on it. You must recover it for the three and purify this holy weapon once again. It shall be called : The Cleanse .

Wow i love the initiative you took on that. It sounds like a good quest and i agree. that guy would be a good one for the quest. Should be The Cleansing. Has a better ring to it :p lol

Sir ShanksAlot

Tikibane":jlhavs5q said:
Sir ShanksAlot":jlhavs5q said:
Tikibane":jlhavs5q said:

I would use the

Wow i love the initiative you took on that. It sounds like a good quest and i agree. that guy would be a good one for the quest. Should be The Cleansing. Has a better ring to it :p lol

The Cleansing! Perfect. Locate the Dungeon in Deadwood :p.