Player Weapon/Armor Ideas

Tikibane

Hey there guys! Tikibane here...

I thought a thread for armor or weapon ideas would be a wonderful idea and decided to start one in the hopes that maybe the developer would see some of the ideas and implement them. :D

When you put these together please use detail and creativity!

Names and Lore would be a wonderful addition to the weapons, maybe even a cute quip like you see in the game itself.

Things such as damage, speed and effects on the weapons would be a welcome bonus in the explanation...

Ex:
[cell] Greensteel Mace [/cell]
[row][cell] Damage [/cell][cell]9-11[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Speed [/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait/Effect [/cell][cell]Swift - effect trait that has a 25% chance to cause a double hit when attacking an enemy.[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Made from a magical metal that makes the weapon unbelievabley fast![/cell][/row]

That example is my way of starting things off, so let's get this party rolling guys!
I'll enter all the data into tables and add you names and items onto this main post guys :D

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Weapons [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ricthum":7w3ofpgh said:
Sword name : Holy Diver (Legendary Tier)

Damage : 13-17 (2handed or 1 handed for 7-11)

Traits: Dragonslayer III , Beastslayer III, Holy III (2 damage per rank for both)

Class : Warrior ( or an upraged warrior with minumum lvl or str to wield)

Description: Legend says its from an another world.Used to killing dragons, mostly.

ENDGAME ITEM RIGHT THERE, RIP RJD.

Mi-Marmotte":7w3ofpgh said:
Here are a few weird ones:

The Wrong End
1H sword
Light
Damage -1 -2 (it damages yourself )

"No matter how hard you try, you can't hold that sword without hurting yourself one way or another"
" It is said that only people with two left hands can wield it properly..."

This one could be an item for a funny quest where a guy who really has two left hands ( or is the clumsiest Guy ever) ask you to teach him how to fight with a sword. But no matter what you try, you can't teach him anything without him hurting himself or breaking stuffs. The only way to succeed is to bring him this sword. But the thing is, nothing or no one in the game tells you about that sword ( except maybe for the Guy himself saying something vague after each failure, like ' if only i had a better\more appropriate sword' ), you have to find it by chance and do the math yourself. The reward could be a really good weapon that the guy had in his family and could never use, or a trait\skill book.

The Hazardous/Random/Impossible Bow (choose one)
Random shoot
Damages 15-15

"The string of this bow is so taut that when you finally muster enough strength to draw it, you can't aim at all"

Well all is said here. The strongest bow, but it shoots each time in a random direction...

The Poltergeist
Bow
possession
Damage 1-2

"It is said that this bow is possessed by the Soul of a necromancer from the Dark Age"

Targets hit by this bow will attack other mobs for a limited time. There can also be a restriction on level/race of the foe. (Works only on undead for instance)

I did say they were weird weapons. They also might be difficult/impossible to implement... But i had fun imagining them :D

Sir ShanksAlot":7w3ofpgh said:
Dope - Allow me.

Cracks magic weapons crafting knuckles

Writes some runes
πΣµΦΘδΩαφ≈⌐∩∞ß

Loading... Loading... Loading..

SUCCESS

Nivaria's Whip
Description: So this is how Nivaria kept the undead back!

Damage: 6-8, +3 Spirit
Speed: 12 Critical: 6%

Tikibane
Drascar the Troll Eater

-Long Sword
A Legendary blade fabled to have an unquenchable taste for troll flesh.

*Damage - 8-13 + 4 Fire
*Speed - 11
*Attributes - Troll-Slayer II & Vicious

Ethan185

[row][cell]Mace of Arbenos[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Damage[/cell][cell]9-11 +5 Fire[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Speed[/cell][cell]10[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Trait/Effect[/cell][cell]Holy III - Adds 1 point of damage per rank to undead[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Description[/cell][cell]The mighty mace of our lord Arbeno himself, A boon to the fight against the undead![/cell][/row]

[row][cell][/cell][cell] Armor [/cell][cell][/cell][/row]

Ethan185
[cell] Crown Of Thelume [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Intelligence + 4[/cell][cell]Health + 20[/cell][cell]Armor +1[/cell][cell]Mana +60[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Trait [/cell][cell]Magical Sight[/cell][cell]100% Detectiong of secrets and doors[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Class Restriction [/cell][cell]Mage Only[/cell][/row]

Sharkyinthe UK
[cell] Blessed Plate Mail [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +3[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Helm [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Legs [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor+3[/cell][cell]Health +5[/cell][cell]Mana+4[/cell][/row]
[cell] Blessed Plate Boots [/cell]
[row][cell] Stat Bonus [/cell][cell]Armor +2[/cell][cell]Health + 5[/cell][cell]Mana +4[/cell][/row]
[row][cell] Description [/cell][cell]Holy armor worn by the most trusted and powerful paladins of The Three[/cell][cell] Restrictions [/cell][cell]Strength of 2 Required Cleric Only[/cell][/row]

Merkava

I just wish clerics had an option for a 13 speed light hammer... I have despair, and it is nice - but since it is speed 11 I just opt to use a dagger for more ticks of arbeno's and faster stacking of duel because it just feels good, lol.

Martinbelfast

A pointy stick for vampires
Throwing spears
Just a spear of fire or ice etc
Or a large TANK. (don't laugh)steam tanks or pulled by swamp donkeys.with a frame thrower etc.
Ps been on the beer :lol:

Don Desini

Loreseeker
Here's my idea,let's add a little Simon Belmont style to it.

Scourge of Lamth
1h
Class: warrior, rogue, cleric
DMG 4-9
SPD 10
VICIOUS 2,LIGHT 1
A long whip of minotaur hide with sharp bluesteel studs woven into it.
This thing could ruin anyone's day.

Djtatiko

Knife of Brayan :)
Damage: 1-5, +5Poison :geek:
Spd 20
2 to knock, 2 steal gold.
Legend has it that at night a burglar standing near Deadwood to waylay travelers able to cross this desolate area. Care to see you steal your gold. :eek:

Vaaclav

Translator
Merkava":32as8zof said:
I just wish clerics had an option for a 13 speed light hammer... I have despair, and it is nice - but since it is speed 11 I just opt to use a dagger for more ticks of arbeno's and faster stacking of duel because it just feels good, lol.
I don't think that hammer with speed 13 is needed. Instead sucb speed, I would prefer similar hammers with else elemenfal attacks (fire, shock, spirit, death?, ...)

With death, I am not sure if it would be suitable attack.

Giasumaru

Skinner Knife
Class: All
Skin, Light
Used to study the behaviors of animals confronted by knives.
'Best Friend' is inscribed on the knife spine.

Damage: 4-6, 3 Cold
Speed: 14 Crit: 7%

[Skin] - All creatures slain with this knife has an increased chance of dropping skins or pelts. Might cause reputation loss when skinning certain prey.

Skinning non-humans will incur no reputation loss.
Skinning humans will incur reputation loss with whatever kingdom you are currently in. (No reputation loss in wildlands.) Addition reputation loss with The Three if you are a Cleric in Ilmara or Varsilia.
Skinning Varannari will incur a reputation loss with Varannari, but a reputation gain with Mercia.

Something like that?

Don Desini

Loreseeker
Giasumaru":arf8ivhq said:
Skinner Knife
Skin, Light

[Skin] - All creatures slain with this knife has an increased chance of dropping skins or pelts. Might cause reputation loss when skinning certain prey.

Skinning non-humans will incur no reputation loss.
Skinning humans will incur reputation loss with whatever kingdom you are currently in. (No reputation loss in wildlands.) Addition reputation loss with The Three if you are a Cleric in Ilmara or Varsilia.
Skinning Varannari will incur a reputation loss with Varannari, but a reputation gain with Mercia.

Something like that?

"I ate his liver with Favre beans Anda good friguldian rum. "

ClockworkGhost

Giasumaru":1p7h8mt6 said:
Skinner Knife
Skin, Light

I'd change Class to just Rogue, drop the speed to 12, and drop the elemental damage as it makes no sense that it does cold damage, especially if it's supposed to be a skinning knife. A speed 14 weapon doing that much damage and available to warriors would be heavily exploited - it'd be the melee equivalent of the Jesters Bow and Icicle combined :)

Giasumaru

ClockworkGhost":1z20libs said:
Giasumaru":1z20libs said:
Skinner Knife
Skin, Light

I'd change Class to just Rogue, drop the speed to 12, and drop the elemental damage as it makes no sense that it does cold damage, especially if it's supposed to be a skinning knife. A speed 14 weapon doing that much damage and available to warriors would be heavily exploited - it'd be the melee equivalent of the Jesters Bow and Icicle combined :)

I still haven't gotten to Jester Bow yet and I'm having a terrible time grasping weapon Speed (I'm trying to figure out if I can convert this to APS), but yea doesn't sound like a good idea to combine those two, I have gotten to Icicle, and that sword is really good already.

Was going along the lines of freezing the blood before it taints the fur, but yea, thinking over it again, it's a bit much and would thematically work better as a simpler blade.

I want the weapon to be available to all classes though, especially cleric, since although it's mainly a money making device (unless crafting gets implemented), it's also a way to roleplay as the worst cleric ever.