So, I finally finished the game the other day. Excellently done throughout. I found the Ark to be challenging but not an overwhelming challenge, and likewise the final boss (frankly it felt a bit easy with support from the two NPCs, especially after killing Unweakened Undermother). I have my own thoughts on the content, but I'll leave that separately.
There were a number of minor issues that I encountered and logged at the time, not having a chance to type them up. Well, now's that time, here ya go David:
1. Ancient Verses quest: if you get more than one verse at a time, within the same dialogue session, you only get the experience boost once.
2. Duration of time remaining (for Scrolls of Wisdom, Rumor Bosses) is bugged with respect to saving-and-reloading. It is often the case that if you play a bit while time draws down, and then save, quit, and reload, time remaining continues from the point it was at when you last played
, rather than when you last saved
. This is somewhat hard to reproduce, but I did see it happen plenty.
3. I have a note here that if your inventory is full when completing a town hall quest, you get no item reward. I'm having some doubts about this, though, because I thought TH quests only gave you gold, exp and reputation. Perhaps this applies to NPC-given quests that give items as a reward? Worth looking at.
4. If an Energy Cell is used by your companion, they gain the mana (if Hirge) but your character takes the damage. Doesn't quite seem fair.
5. Likewise, companions using an epic omelette do not see their HP/MP restored, although your character does gain the Recovery uses. A 6-hour stay at the inn restores your active health/mana at the same time as giving you a Recovery, so I'd assume that at the very least the consumer
of the omelette, if not the companion as well, ought to be fully healed.
6. Finally, when I was fighting the Unweakened Undermother, my companion actually struck the killing blow (while I was paralyzed - it was quite dramatic). After I left the cave, I received the "no respect for the elderly" achievement, but NOT the big "you weren't supposed to be able to do that" achievement. I still have the pride of having done it (and proof! see below), but might be a bug worth fixing.
- [+] SPOILER