Changing name and avatar

Assisi

I apologize if this topic was discussed before. Searched for a while but did not found anything close.

Why can't we change our character name and avatar? When I started the game I did not paid attention to these aspects (did not knew that I will like it) and now I play with a very strange name ( female - Rogard Leeds).
These changes could be done only in your guild house and should cost a seriuos amount of money (in order to stop the abuse). Let's say 50k for the name and 100k for the avatar.
Try to realize that (especially) a rogue may really need a change of name from time to time in order to remain hidden to the authorities :cool:
Also some avatars can e added (I like the forum ones while the ingame ones are quite lame)

Dimidium

I am stuck with Xarryl Mert for the same reason. I made a post called "rename card" or something regarding this stuff.

Assisi

Sharkyinthe UK":mnrh2y2v said:
Seriously guys, just start a new character, play one of the other classes, try a different build.
My post was not a complaint as I have no problems sleeping during the nights ... but a feedback in order to (possibly) improve all the aspects of the game.
So ...don' t know what you mean ...

Sharkyinthe UK

It's could be viewed as the same issue as "Why can't I change my guild !"

We all make mistakes with our first character's, picking a name and an avatar is player choice, yes we sometimes mess it up, you then either live with it or start a new character.

(In a mechanical point of view, character name and avatar once chosen may firm part if the core code of your save, thus changing it could cause multiple code issues meaning it's not as simple as it may seem. David works hard to keep the download if the game as small as possible whilst increasing the gameworld, I do not know what effect this would have on that. On the flip side it may be an easy fix, I will await the maestro's words on the matter )

Assisi

Sharkyinthe UK":2i8hhg0f said:
It's could be viewed as the same issue as "Why can't I change my guild !"
Now I understand what you meant. ;)
Most probably I was lost on translation from my native language. The way I asked the question was not like a demand or like there is something that really bothers me. Just pure flat feedback.

But for sure you know that a lot of people are interested about other aspects in RPGs. One of those is character customization. I remember that friends of mine bought/preordered games from Blizz just to get some wings or some pet in D3. Wings that were just for visusal aspect.

Respect!

Bearwrath

Sharkyinthe UK":2e43ano3 said:
(In a mechanical point of view, character name and avatar once chosen may firm part if the core code of your save, thus changing it could cause multiple code issues meaning it's not as simple as it may seem. David works hard to keep the download if the game as small as possible whilst increasing the gameworld, I do not know what effect this would have on that. On the flip side it may be an easy fix, I will await the maestro's words on the matter )

This sounds a little bit strange. I thought that changing of the portrait is a standard in rpg games. I did not need it for now but who knows... when you add new portraits :)