Mounts

Peaness

So while browsing the feedback forum it kind of got me thinking about ways to traverse quicker rather than running from town to town, dungeon to dungeon...

Will horseback mounts ever be implemented? Any other mounts would seem silly but horses and possibly different breeds would make sense...such as Brown horses, stallions etc (not knowledgeable on horse breeds lol)

Anyways the way I figure it would work is it would drastically increase travel speed from area to area, say you want to go in a dungeon you just have to dismount prior to entering. Horses would have their own health and "stamina" gauges so it adds a bit of a realistic element. Stamina would replenish automatically at a slow rate when the horse is dismounted or at a quicker rate when the horse is in a stable at a set gold price per so many hours (most likely when you rest at an inn)

Furthermore horses can also be more beneficial if they were given their own inventory, not only is it a mount it's also a storage companion.

Hell even adding a mule or a donkey to just follow you for extra storage/sacrificial meat shield would be pretty cool.

Thoughts ideas and expansions?

Edit: possibly even implement random events such as horse getting sick and requiring certain medicinal flowers (like a random quest) or while out on a dungeon raid random events such as horse theft initiating another quest to locate...just spitting ideas out

Trasd

I'm not sure it's needed yet, but when more and more areas are implemented, I think mounts would be nice.

Langley

I think we dont need mounts. The map isnt so big now. And when we have the complete map in future i think we dont need it too. Because there are many Options to travel fast. By boat for example.
And too many features could destroy the spirit of this game i think.
The game is smart like games in the 90's and thats the success.

Thats only my opinion. Maybe david plans it. ;)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
There will be enhanced fast travel you'll be able to unlock via factions (wizard towers will be much cheaper, and other ways).

Mounts are cool, but require a lot of new animations, which is one of my current development bottlenecks. There's a reason (almost) none of the classic 2D games from the 90s implemented mounts, it really would imply a titanic effort regarding graphic assets.

Trasd

DavidBVal":23gqxzde said:
There will be enhanced fast travel you'll be able to unlock via factions (wizard towers will be much cheaper, and other ways).

Mounts are cool, but require a lot of new animations, which is one of my current development bottlenecks. There's a reason (almost) none of the classic 2D games from the 90s implemented mounts, it really would imply a titanic effort regarding graphic assets.
That works too!