Double Taps

Trasd

With the (hard to get early on) Scrolls of Recall, I accidentally tapped mine twice and lost two scrolls on one recall.

I would like to see a double tap protection added so only one item is used when appropriate, like when an item takes a moment to activate, or it wouldn't make sense.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm agreed! Will disable quickslots while you are already acting.

Trasd

DavidBVal":31hnqdcy said:
Hmmm agreed! Will disable quickslots while you are already acting.
Thanks.

Actually, David, it wasn't quick slotted!

I tapped it in my inventory. Maybe, at some point, when I have loads of recall scrolls, I'll quick-slot them, but I believe it should be per item, not item activation location.

I also think registering multi-taps, in some instances, is beneficial, like with healing pots.

Trasd

Sorry, David, you are right; it can only be double tapped on the quick slots. But, in my inventory, I tapped "Use" twice because I missed the first activation. There was no indication that I had activated it, so I hit "Use" a second time. I didn't notice the count, so I wasn't sure I hit the correct spot. Same problem though, I lost two scrolls with one recall.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Trasd":356u4mb5 said:
Sorry, David, you are right; it can only be double tapped on the quick slots. But, in my inventory, I tapped "Use" twice because I missed the first activation. There was no indication that I had activated it, so I hit "Use" a second time. I didn't notice the count, so I wasn't sure I hit the correct spot. Same problem though, I lost two scrolls with one recall.

Actually, the "phantom update" .873 that was never published in the store, already fixes that, by introducing a 3 seconds limit between item usage, so it is already fixed. I hope you can have it deployed soon.

Trasd

DavidBVal":3a3ngg0e said:
Trasd":3a3ngg0e said:

Actually, the "phantom update" .873 that was never published in the store, already fixes that, by introducing a 3 seconds limit between item usage, so it is already fixed. I hope you can have it deployed soon.
Nice. TY.

Do you not have a beta test download site? I have both a code and a Google Play(ed) license, so I could run a downloaded version until Google re-lists the app?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If I don't have solved "the issue" with Google in 1 or 2 days, I'll provide a private APK download link for all registered customers.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Expanded explanation on why not sending people an APK now. while there's a chance of things being resolved "normally", i.e., without an app package change, I want to avoid fragmentation of the playerbase, apk origin or license origins. It's just another day or two, after that, I'll think of the best way to provide everyone with updates.

Trasd

Oh, no problem.

I didn't mean this as a solution to the Google issue, but as a pre-beta testing system, in place even when EK is re-listed on Google..

No biggie.