About the Feedback subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
May 2021 Update: with the release of version 1.3, I'll focus again on Archaelund for a while. Maybe there will be an update next year, maybe the year after that; your feedback is welcome in the meantime but take this schedule into account.

Some things won't change: Please understand that the game is complete and this is "bonus" content added, so no deep changes to mechanics will be made, nor anything that can alter seriously the balance in the game will be considered, even if it is an "improvement", because an improved game can easily become much less fun. This in particular affect things like the AI or collisions, etc. The game is the way it is, new updates mean more adventures, people to talk to, monsters to kill, loot to hoard, etc.

Exiled Kingdoms is back in development while I keep working on Archaelund, any feedback or ideas about that are welcome. I'll probably add new topics soon with things I want to ask the community about. I read every post in the forum, even if I don't always reply.

After 4 years of intense interaction with the community, development of the game is complete. Future content updates are a possibility, and there will be periodic updates with bugfixes and localization improvements, but don't expect gameplay alterations or new features. Please keep this in mind when posting in this subforum!

Your participation makes the game better, so don't be shy and share what you think. Please before posting an idea, check if it has been posted before, or if it is already listed for future development.

I read every post in this subforum. While I would love to also personally reply to every suggestion or feedback post, I can't post in every thread. Please don't demand my presence or my reply on your posts. If you don't see me answering, don't think I don't appreciate the feedback, nor ignore it. In fact, a good portion of what is suggested here was eventually added to the game, or at least considered.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Added a small note about what is feasible in development at this point.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Updated to reflect development is complete after 1.2.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Recently I saw a post asking about enabling modding for the game; I see the moderators removed it, as it's against the rules. However, I'd like to offer an official explanation on why EK doesn't have a Workshop or allows to create user content, since it's a good question. Actually the idea was part of the original development plan and while on principle it sounds great, there is one big obstacle.

Currently 95% of the playerbase is on mobile, and on mobile platforms user-generated content is simply not possible due to the highly restrictive content policies they have: a user uploads content with a line of hate speech, or using copyrighted material; a few people reports it to Google, and the whole game gets removed from Play Store.

Does this sound excessive? unfortunately it isn't, has happened to other developers, and that's a risk I can't take. Google and Apple shoot first, and typically never ask questions later. Even EK was removed from Play Store once for absolutely no reasons, and that's an experience I don't want to go through again. I would be forced to review myself all the content before it is uploaded, and that's something I can't do.

With mobile out of the equation, this would mean investing several months in preparing a proper editor, making changes, documenting, etc, instead of developing Archaelund, and all that just for a small portion of EK players. Unfortunately it's not an idea I am considering, despite its great potential.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Edited first post after release of v. 1.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.