Hi David, suggestion about trap

EspartaRebirth

I bought the full version of this game few days ago, and since then im trying to play inside ''iron man'' mode. The problem is that im getting killed by traps, while im running from group of mobs. I dont know how it works, but i guess mobs cast traps on you when you are running from them. The trap damage is overrated ( sometimes it hit 70-90 hp, something like 55-60% of the hp ).

Fix their damage please, i dont want to give up this game. It have much potencial!

Ty for ready, and sorry about my grammar. ( english isnt my native language )

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Esparta, your english is fine :)

Monsters currently very rarely set traps, and certainly they can NOT set traps from a distance, while they pursue you. Those traps were there all the time... please tell me an example of traps that are too strong in a certain area, maybe I made them too dangerous.

In Ironman Mode, remember to raise some Awareness, and I will add detection items/potions too. Explore slowly, give some time to detect traps (check is every 3 seconds)

I don't think the game can really be finished in ironman, unless you already know the game VERY well; although there's currently a level 7 ironman character still alive... I never survived to level 4 :p

EspartaRebirth

I had two clerics lvl6 at Iron Man mode ( rip to a poison boss , my fault cause i didnt carry pots enought and Orc Prison trap)

What use to kill me is Spike Trap( is this the name? The red blood thorn one) inside orc prison and the other one inside north new garand ruin.

To avoid these deaths, i never walk inside dungeons under 60% hp. Awareness is fine the way it is ,
my only complaint is about Dungeonnering passive skill. It only give you 5% chance to find traps/doors per level, its to low man. lvl3 is the cap, and 15% is not going to saving you when you are out of potions and running to another map.

Maybe increase the chance to find traps from dungeonnering passive skill , and lower the chance to find secret doors is the key.

I dont know warriors and rogues, but Clerics dont have detect trap skills, right?

Btw, let me give you some feedbacks:

1- Passive points are never enought, their cost are too high. I like hardcore games( path of exile hardcore league player here ) , i dont think increase the points you earn each level is the key, instead this, why not implement a passive skill Reset or decrease the points you need to raise some skills? Each part of the game require a diferent build, some skills you take at lvl2 is useless after lvl5. Since players cant run in party, maybe a passive reset scroll can fix the lack of dps/defende each class need to run some dungeons.

2- Beginner town alchmist is not selling Town Portal scroll.

3- ClericIntervention is not triggering with traps.

4- Arbeno Might Priest skill colddown is to high ( lower it to 15~20 seconds) will make clerics end game viable, cause clerics only have this skill to kill things ( sacred fire atm is useless, cause clerics cant regen mana and 10 dmg is nothing when you are facing 150-200 hp mobs)

The game is fine after lvl5~6 , maybe remove the '' double vendor gear price everytime you level up '' thing will solve this lower level problem. 2000~6000 gold each piece of gear is to much to any lvl1~5 player =/

Im not giving up until i reach end game content, hope my feedbacks enlight you someway. Ty for the reply and keep the good work, i rly hope you get
recognition you diserve. You made one of the best rpgs i ever player, ty so much.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
EspartaRebirth":3tjpnvju said:
Awareness is fine the way it is ,
my only complaint is about Dungeonnering passive skill. It only give you 5% chance to find traps/doors per level, its to low man. lvl3 is the cap, and 15% is not going to saving you when you are out of potions and running to another map.

Agreed. Raised to +10% / +8% / +7% in next update. New max bonus is 25%.

I dont know warriors and rogues, but Clerics dont have detect trap skills, right?

they have a skill, Thelume's Wisdom, that works just as a scroll of detection. rogues have a very nice bonus to detection, and an extra bonus if they pick trap master.[/quote]

why not implement a passive skill Reset or decrease the points you need to raise some skills? Each part of the game require a diferent build, some skills you take at lvl2 is useless after lvl5. Since players cant run in party, maybe a passive reset scroll can fix the lack of dps/defende each class need to run some dungeons.

Well, there will be skill reset, and even trait reset options, but they'll be provided that trainers that cost gold, maybe require a decent faction too.

2- Beginner town alchmist is not selling Town Portal scroll.

Yeah, I'll add them to the shop, or allow the mage at South Sagar to sell them.

3- ClericIntervention is not triggering with traps.

I just tried it and it saved me. Are you sure? Walked into them, or deactivated them?

4- Arbeno Might Priest skill colddown is to high ( lower it to 15~20 seconds) will make clerics end game viable, cause clerics only have this skill to kill things ( sacred fire atm is useless, cause clerics cant regen mana and 10 dmg is nothing when you are facing 150-200 hp mobs)

Agreed about Cooldown; after all, it has a mana cost, so if you want to spam it, you should be able to. Reduced from 25 to 15 on next update.

Sacred Fire is meant to be used against undead in large numbers. Not only it does extra damage, but also many undead are extra vulnerable to fire. Level 1 is rather weak, but at 2 it can begin killing things.

The game is fine after lvl5~6 , maybe remove the '' double vendor gear price everytime you level up '' thing will solve this lower level problem. 2000~6000 gold each piece of gear is to much to any lvl1~5 player =/

6000? that'd be platermail... that armor is not meant for low level. there's chainmail in Kingsbridge and other places, around 1K-2.5K, which is more than adequate for a level 4-6 character.

Im not giving up until i reach end game content, hope my feedbacks enlight you someway. Ty for the reply and keep the good work, i rly hope you get
recognition you diserve. You made one of the best rpgs i ever player, ty so much.

Well, thanks, and good luck on the ironman run! :)

DarkNight

Cleric.7-lvl. But not ironman mod,just hard mode.
armor:18.
HitPoints:168
MannPoints:29
Resistances:
+14 to fire(but i have goblin's boots and a gauntlets, that give me +30 to fire resistance).
+14 to cold(caveman cloak and two rings for resistance in inventory)
+20 to shok(nothing,just rings)
+27 to death(2 rings of Death Ward,that give me +60 resistance to death)
+35 to poison(nothing,just traits+jewel and cloak)
+0 to light damage.
So what exactly i'd like to say. I specialy train my cleric to fite-cleric,that only use magic to heal himself. And i use Thelume's Wisdom for traps and secret rooms.
I just die only 1 time:when i came to trolls and they were blocked me.
For undead i train Crusader III and Nirvaria's Barrier III and...from magic - Heal Wounds I.
I think that this build will be very good for battle with big crowd of mobs,like ghouls in New Garand's Sewers or rats) Stun sometimes help me in battle,so when i will end this game(nowdays content) i will go to ironman mode and try my build)
So,advice you to try this build).