Warriors

Balgias

The 'rage' mechanic on the warrior class is a bit too simple, and way too risky to be of any value of practical use. I would advise some sort of stacking system instead or each enemy near the character or a stacking buff based on the amount of hits recieved. Another idea is to make it into an ability, reducing armor and adding a damage buff, healing the character based on the number of enemies slain during the buff.

The charge abiltiy needs to be worked on, it should travel to the direct of the nearest enemy you're looking towards, and it needs to be tweaked to actually hit the enemies it travels beside, going through any nearby terrian or objects in order to be less buggy.

whirlwind would benefit from having its knock-back removed, replaced instead with a cooldown reduction based upon how many enemies were hit.

two handed weaponry master is super generic as it is, remove the stun on hit proc and instead give it a knockback and bonus damage cleave procs.

The armor buff skill is too generic, needs instead to be made into an combat evasion skill offering a chance to avoid all damage from incomming attacks for a set period of time. Or atleast share the armor buff with your companion/s

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Some good ideas, some I disagree and will explain, but on mobile now, will reply in depth later.

Charge will be fixed, in a few days (working on auto targeting Archery and is the same thing)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Balgias":4z1tekrp said:
The 'rage' mechanic on the warrior class is a bit too simple, and way too risky to be of any value of practical use. I would advise some sort of stacking system instead or each enemy near the character or a stacking buff based on the amount of hits recieved. Another idea is to make it into an ability, reducing armor and adding a damage buff, healing the character based on the number of enemies slain during the buff.

Agreed on the diagnosis, it's too simple now. Maybe as rage starts, you get a stackable +1 damage for each hit you receive, with a cap based on skill. But healing is a no-no, it is taboo. I want health to be a limited resource, which defines how deep you get into dungeons and how far away you can go from civilization.

The charge abiltiy needs to be worked on, it should travel to the direct of the nearest enemy you're looking towards

Yes, totally, I'm right now working on archery so it works like that. You'll go for the closest enemy you're roughly facing at.

whirlwind would benefit from having its knock-back removed, replaced instead with a cooldown reduction based upon how many enemies were hit.

Interesting, but dangerous, I don't want it used more than once per enemy. Will think about it. Certainly some kind of reward for hitting more enemies seems an interesting approach, and in fact it originally did extra damage based on that, but removed it because it was overpowered.

two handed weaponry master is super generic as it is, remove the stun on hit proc and instead give it a knockback and bonus damage cleave procs.

Well, knockback with 2 handers would be extremely powerful, as it negates the main drawback from 2 handers, slow attack rate. But I kind of like how it sounds, so maybe I can balance it somehow.

The armor buff skill is too generic, needs instead to be made into an combat evasion skill offering a chance to avoid all damage from incomming attacks for a set period of time. Or atleast share the armor buff with your companion/s

You mean Resilience? that's what adding armor does, reducing incoming damage, but inmunity would be too much, I think.

Thanks for the post, great ideas there :)

Balgias

Agreed on the diagnosis, it's too simple now. Maybe as rage starts, you get a stackable +1 damage for each hit you receive, with a cap based on skill. But healing is a no-no, it is taboo. I want health to be a limited resource, which defines how deep you get into dungeons and how far away you can go from civilization.

I understand then about the health, it seemed like hp being a limited thing the reason for it being as it is. The duration of the active buff would only really benefit from crowd fighting sitations, where the warrior should excel where the rogue does not.

Interesting, but dangerous, I don't want it used more than once per enemy. Will think about it. Certainly some kind of reward for hitting more enemies seems an interesting approach, and in fact it originally did extra damage based on that, but removed it because it was overpowered.

It's about positioning and using a bosses minions against him as a risk-reward gameplay mechanic, 1v1 the bonus would be neglidgable as the warrior seems to be more fit for crowd battles than the other classes.

Well, knockback with 2 handers would be extremely powerful, as it negates the main drawback from 2 handers, slow attack rate. But I kind of like how it sounds, so maybe I can balance it somehow.

I just recently found out that 2-handers actually had a strength bonus applied to them at rank 2 of the skill, in that case the issue is a need for more transparency about the skills in the ui, respectfully in light of the fact there seems to be no way to respec our points atm.

You mean Resilience? that's what adding armor does, reducing incoming damage, but inmunity would be too much, I think.

I mean like a 15% chance to evade or parry attacks at rank 1 of the skill on a long cooldown ability of somekind, or as a defensive buff that is shared with your party members, as-is it's the least attractive skill in the tree.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Regarding 2-hand lack of in-game information, yeah, maybe I should allow some option to browse all levels, so you can plan ahead better. Or at least make a wiki. But with so many things to do, all I can do for now is put it on the list.

And lack of skill reset ability. There will be special trainers in the game that, paying some significative amount of gold, will allow you to reset your skills. It will probably be doable only once or twice, though. At least that's what I am planning to do.

Kennnethor

Balgias":xk4n6qja said:
I mean like a 15% chance to evade or parry attacks at rank 1 of the skill on a long cooldown ability of somekind, or as a defensive buff that is shared with your party members, as-is it's the least attractive skill in the tree.

Resilience is awesome. It gives a huge boost to armor, you often will be just hit for 1s and 2s, and makes a big difference when hit by bosses or when surrounded by mistake. It is exactly what you described, long cooldown lifesaver. Of course if you just get resilience 1 and then go fight minotaurs, the bonus might not be that noticeable.

Zarky

Since we're on the topic of warriors, here's my 2 cents ... PART 1 ...

imho, the warrior skills as they are, are fine.
I first maxed shield expert for the armor class. Then maxed cleave; hitting multiple mobs is crucial to our survival. 1 point each in bash and fury because they are essential for boss mobs and town hall quests. And now working on whirlwind, which is level 3. Strength 5 Agility 3 End 3 all else 1. This build has got me to level 13 and Aadon to level 10 who's equipped with a bow. Its about how you equip your companion and how you build his/her skills and what traits you chose for them.

stick to the basics for us warriors ... hit points (implemented) , armor class(the options are there), and holding aggro (aggrevating the mob (s) to attack you ... (not implemented yet from what ive experienced so far) ... hmm aggro ... next post.

But whatever class you play, they game has to be challenging. If it wasnt, I would not be playing, and neither would you. This game is not a walk in the park. You have to focus on the strengths of your character, skills and traits, the same with your companion and how you approach combat.

if you went with twohanders, you better have ressilenice maxed after cleave, then whirlwind.

Zarky

PART 2 ...

When I play a warrior/ tank class, its for.3 reasons ...
armor class (euipping the best armor in the game, for armor class).
having the highest amount of hit points.
And Keeping aggro! (Aggrevating the mob (s) to attack you).

Its an honor to protect my comrades in arms!

you can do this by changeing or adding aggro to one of these 3 skills;

whirlwind ... change stun to an aggro affect ... dmg + aggro
cleave ... dmg + aggro
charge ... dmg + aggro

if I cant protect my comrades, what good am I as a tank??

Zarky

PART 3 ...

When I go to the orc lair for some exp or loots or for a town hall quest, the open room adjacent to the throne room with the orc king, they're are a gaggle or orcs. I'll step in to pull a few at a time. They seem to always stun me or knock me back with a stun, in the meantime, Aadon is getting a brutal beating. When the stun wears off, its all I can do to rush back to him and whirlwind. The orcs are knocked back and maybe stunned, and those closest to Aadon rush back to finish the beating and forceing me to use healing pots. My hired mercanary has already succumed to the orcish rampage.

Aggro! If I as a warrior / tank, could have kept aggro, maybe, just maybe, my comrades would have survived! =))

but David, you know Kloudstryker, and I did survive ... but levels back, and as of now, an aggro skill would have been essential to my survival in the numerous battles I have fought! And with many other fellow warriors!

I want AGGRO! :D :twisted:

Zarky

Aggro has a few beneficial advanteges to the game ...

1 I would invest more in mercanaries ... since I got Aadon as a companion, mercs have been non-existant in my game play.

2 I would invest more in the finer arts of the alchemists ... id buy more of their potions.

3 it would make it a little more challenging for the warrior class, which seems to be the easiest classs to play .... but with aggro, not so much! :twisted:

4 god bless rogues and clerics, and the future mage class, with Grissenda! :D :D