Suggestions on loot & storage.

Bjorn Firemane

Playing an rpg that allows you to do quests out of any particular order and equip a companion along the way, can sometimes get frustrating when item storage becomes scarce.

If you play enough games you learn to build sets that will provide resists, damages, traits, etc for different situations throughout the game.

At level 20 I started to feel like I am just never going to have enough bags to continue looting important items needed to progress in the game.

I still have several questions which may or may not help several people in this situation.

Is there currently a mage companion in the game? I know the class is showing playable, but if one is playing warrior, cleric, or rogue, there is literally no point in hording mage gear at this point if there is no mage companion. Is there?

Also, the weapons and armor are not level based, which is understandable in a game that is not level or quest driven. Where roadblocks can come into play is say someone is
Thinking the Fire Drake is the highest mob that you need fire resist gear for and trashes their unique and uncommon items with fire resist to make storage space for new quest items, there should be a way to replenish those needs through crafting or merchants without completely restarting the game.

So these are 2 problems I have found, now for solutions.

Suggestions for solving the loot hording for what would be one day companions and sellers remorse.

First, more craftable, carriable, bags or purchased bags need to be implemented. 32 slots sucks while adventuring. Especially when you have to juggle quest items around or drop useful items like scrolls and pots or other reagents to pick up others. With 4 bank vaults, 2 tower vaults, 2 house vaults, and the endless bag 128 slots out of the possible 160 and still find myself looking for space. Truthfully, even if I had 160, I know it would still be an issue. If I am building fire, cold, poison, death, shock, holy resist/damage sets for my toon and 3 companions.

Second, gear that is customizable or enchantable would solve alot of sellers remorse. Example: weapons or armor that can be socketed, and the emeralds, rubies, sapphires are cut into gems at a cost. These gems give items enchantments like fire, cold, poison resistance and weapon damage, extra weapon dmg, crit, procs, etc. This way if someone sells Ghostbane or Cruelty, not all hope is lost. Set bonuses would also be helpful. If you have 2, 3, 4,5 of the same set bonuses like traits, resists, or procs get implemented. These items could be purchased in guildhalls so the stats are class based.

Third, the trait gear limits...this can be touchy. I get it. You don't want someone with 18 strength at level 6. But trait gear is pretty stingy as it sits. The only +2 endurance gear is cursed...seriously? Lift the number of trait boosting items with level. 1 for level 1-10, 2 for level 11-20, 3 for 21-30 something like that to regulate the godlyness. This will help with trait checks without hurting or glorifying the player.

Just my two cents for what its worth.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Bjorn Firemane":iop4tyif said:
Call of the Blood seems almost impossible as a Warrior/Warrior duo. Without unlimited potions, just getting to the Executioner takes 3 rests and the headless corpses keep reanimating even after he is dead.

Call of blood is easy if you know how to do that. ;)

You can avoid the enemies until they are vulnerable, managed to finish that with a rogue and its way harder than with a warrior

Lolerescut

For the if it is your first time i would recommend
1)Electric dmg
2)high armor
3)high hp
4)high fire resist
5)anti rad equipment which can be found before the arch
6) a few hundred hp pots
My first time i spent 300 pots big ones thats besides the small and moderate but i was missing the first 5 of the recommendations since i didnt use wiki until i got stuck

Revenant

Before entering the ark, it is a good idea to do farming in the Sunken Citadel, to get plenty of galade elixir. You can even get about 40 elixirs very fast and the complete ashen set

VDX_360

Staff member
Bjorn Firemane":2ptkdjav said:
Call of the Blood seems almost impossible as a Warrior/Warrior duo. Without unlimited potions, just getting to the Executioner takes 3 rests and the headless corpses keep reanimating even after he is dead.

What's your build, and equipment?

With a decent build and decent equipment, one should be able to clear the castle fairly easily with decent, and standard combat tactics. If you're hitting a wall, I'd be curious to know how?

The beheaded ones respawn pretty quickly in the graveyard. It can that area tricky.

Once inside the temple, cautious exploring can find all the fountains with minimal issues.

BOSTACH

First, im sorry for being toxic... If you guys think that was toxic

Second, if you are planning to give the ark a visit bring all of your lightning equipment (you wont need them for too long) look for blue crates these crates have the chance of dropping amazing weapons, your companion wont be with you to take damage instead of you or heal you so if you are a warrior its not going to be VARY HARD, run immediately after you every enemy you kill...they kinda explode for some reason,

there's a quest given by a goblin blacksmith in a secret chamber, bring him a bluesteel weapon and he will turn it to adamantite wich is extremely helpful you can bring righteousness if you don't want to do the quest

Just a small question what is your advanced skills?

Grim Rapper

Bjorn Firemane":2j2nbksw said:
Thank you for the replies.

> I can't give any useful advice on so little information, maybe give your equipment/skill list?

Bjorn Firemane":2j2nbksw said:
So for the Ark...
What is recommended to bring in bags? Weapon slots? Etc.

> For your own sake, it's better to finish most of the high-quality reward from certain quest first before dive into the (presumeably) last dungeon, but if you still insist on going here's the list of what you need:
1. The ton of Potion of Greater Healing (any potion above this is also recommended)
2. A ton of Greater Potion of Resist Shock and Fire
3. Several Epic Omelette
4. Offensive weapon able to deal Shock element
5. Main Equipment capable of resisting multiple elements (Shock, Fire, and Spirit is the priority list)
6. A piece of equipment/skill that able to resist/reduce paralyze length/status
7. Spark of Luck

Godspeed brother, may you survive within the Ark