It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:02 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 5
Has thanked: 1 time
Playing an rpg that allows you to do quests out of any particular order and equip a companion along the way, can sometimes get frustrating when item storage becomes scarce.

If you play enough games you learn to build sets that will provide resists, damages, traits, etc for different situations throughout the game.

At level 20 I started to feel like I am just never going to have enough bags to continue looting important items needed to progress in the game.

I still have several questions which may or may not help several people in this situation.

Is there currently a mage companion in the game? I know the class is showing playable, but if one is playing warrior, cleric, or rogue, there is literally no point in hording mage gear at this point if there is no mage companion. Is there?

Also, the weapons and armor are not level based, which is understandable in a game that is not level or quest driven. Where roadblocks can come into play is say someone is
Thinking the Fire Drake is the highest mob that you need fire resist gear for and trashes their unique and uncommon items with fire resist to make storage space for new quest items, there should be a way to replenish those needs through crafting or merchants without completely restarting the game.

So these are 2 problems I have found, now for solutions.

Suggestions for solving the loot hording for what would be one day companions and sellers remorse.

First, more craftable, carriable, bags or purchased bags need to be implemented. 32 slots sucks while adventuring. Especially when you have to juggle quest items around or drop useful items like scrolls and pots or other reagents to pick up others. With 4 bank vaults, 2 tower vaults, 2 house vaults, and the endless bag 128 slots out of the possible 160 and still find myself looking for space. Truthfully, even if I had 160, I know it would still be an issue. If I am building fire, cold, poison, death, shock, holy resist/damage sets for my toon and 3 companions.

Second, gear that is customizable or enchantable would solve alot of sellers remorse. Example: weapons or armor that can be socketed, and the emeralds, rubies, sapphires are cut into gems at a cost. These gems give items enchantments like fire, cold, poison resistance and weapon damage, extra weapon dmg, crit, procs, etc. This way if someone sells Ghostbane or Cruelty, not all hope is lost. Set bonuses would also be helpful. If you have 2, 3, 4,5 of the same set bonuses like traits, resists, or procs get implemented. These items could be purchased in guildhalls so the stats are class based.

Third, the trait gear limits...this can be touchy. I get it. You don't want someone with 18 strength at level 6. But trait gear is pretty stingy as it sits. The only +2 endurance gear is cursed...seriously? Lift the number of trait boosting items with level. 1 for level 1-10, 2 for level 11-20, 3 for 21-30 something like that to regulate the godlyness. This will help with trait checks without hurting or glorifying the player.

Just my two cents for what its worth.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:17 am
Posts: 91
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Dude... Im not gonna read through all of this but if you want to post threads like this one be sure that you finished the game and knows what you are talking about if it exists or doesn't

did you finish the bag quest?
I put in 2 weapons and 2 rings and 2 potions for every element in the game And i still have so much empty space


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:31 am
Posts: 979
EK Translator: German
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 155 times
Thx for the feedback.

1. Storage: there is more than enough storage. You have 2 houses with chests you can buy , the tower with chests, bag of holding (will twice your inventory) and the regular 4 storages at townhall. It's more than enough.

2. The weapons and armors are kind of level based. To get the EMP weapons for example you have to survive the Ark, so it's kind of level based.
The game is designed to be this way, that way the playstile is more important than the level. There is one player who managed to finish the game on Ironman with level 14,that's quite awesome and wouldn't be possible with lvl based items.


Besides, the game is finished, so don't expect that new changes will come.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:26 am
Posts: 138
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
First of all no there is no mage companion
Second of all by level 20 you should have finished every main quest available since the game is made to be finished by 18-20
And btw you dont need all the resists to be high to be able to survive the game easily mainly you need fire death and spirit resistances "poison makes sewers of horror easier but its not necessary" thats if you were going a tanky character but if your going dps you basically dont need any resistance except fire and poison since your gonna be squishy
Now for the gear hoarding for being able to survive easier
You can find high resistance for a specific element for a ring and the another as amulet or shoes you can make build that resists all elements decently yet not immune
For example amulet of whispers for spirit and ring of health for poison etc.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:02 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Lolerescut wrote:
Second of all by level 20 you should have finished every main quest available since the game is made to be finished by 18-20


That's not true at all. If you are experienced and know what you are doing you can easily finish it at level 20, but for a first time playthrough you often end up more around 22-24. Certainly if you count in the Sewer of Horrors too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:01 pm
Posts: 205
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Jesus, people are just so toxic these days...

BOSTACH wrote:
Dude... Im not gonna read through all of this but if you want to post threads like this one be sure that you finished the game and knows what you are talking about if it exists or doesn't

-> If you didn't want to read it, don't respond it in the first place. You say it like that is just as same as saying to a newbie "Yo man, you didn't know that there is a glitch to maximize your potion amount to 9999? kys m8", maybe try to explain to him on telling which item is worth keeping and which one isn't is a better response, don't you think?

p4ran0id wrote:
The weapons and armors are kind of level based. To get the EMP weapons for example you have to survive the Ark, so it's kind of level based.

-> What? Why comparing an RNG formula for a type of equipment to obtain has anything to do with "level-based" equipment? What he meant by that is (as far as I know) is you can technically equip a full set of (for example) Ashen set without being restricted by your current level. (Although his statement of "understandable in a game that is not level or quest driven" is completely wrong, but it's not his/her fault)

And to all people who are saying that "the current storage is more than enough/too much space". He's literally saying to "building fire, cold, poison, death, shock, holy resist/damage sets for my toon and 3 companions." 6 builds for each character, even with the current total storage right now it is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve. It's either combined elemental resistance, full physical defense or all-out offense (or combinations between this three)

As for the rest of your questions
Bjorn Firemane wrote:
Second, gear that is customizable or enchantable would solve alot of sellers remorse. Example: weapons or armor that can be socketed, and the emeralds, rubies, sapphires are cut into gems at a cost. These gems give items enchantments like fire, cold, poison resistance and weapon damage, extra weapon dmg, crit, procs, etc. This way if someone sells Ghostbane or Cruelty, not all hope is lost.

-> Remember that I give this idea like 2 years ago? (but instead of gem, I suggested natural material like Fire Drake Scale for fire resistance or Poison Sack for poison extra damage) but I understand why this cannot be implemented in the first place

Bjorn Firemane wrote:
Third, the trait gear limits...this can be touchy. I get it. You don't want someone with 18 strength at level 6. But trait gear is pretty stingy as it sits. The only +2 endurance gear is cursed...seriously? Lift the number of trait boosting items with level. 1 for level 1-10, 2 for level 11-20, 3 for 21-30 something like that to regulate the godlyness. This will help with trait checks without hurting or glorifying the player.

-> Even with the current gear being implemented it's capable to enhance some player into (almost) an immortal, enhancing it with level will further maximize the beyond.

Bjorn Firemane wrote:
there should be a way to replenish those needs through crafting or merchants without completely restarting the game.

-> There's one, don't worry about it


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:26 am
Posts: 138
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
BattleLord wrote:
Lolerescut wrote:
Second of all by level 20 you should have finished every main quest available since the game is made to be finished by 18-20


That's not true at all. If you are experienced and know what you are doing you can easily finish it at level 20, but for a first time playthrough you often end up more around 22-24. Certainly if you count in the Sewer of Horrors too.

Sewers of horror is a challenge and not part of the main quest and the first tinme i finished the game was level 19


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 5
Has thanked: 1 time
So I am hearing its safe to sell all the mage gear I have been hording in hopes of there one day being a mage companion since the game is finished being modified. That should help free up some space. I now have both houses and all the other possible slots. Other questions...

The gold ingots? Just sell em?

Outside of quests, are there any use for gems other than emeralds to Minos and diamonds for crafted weapons? Sell them?

Someone mentioned gear was level based? I have read of newbs running to glaciers and getting the head piece as early as level 1. *shrugs* I have never tried equiping anything in the game before and been told I was too low. And there is no real way to tell which weapons are the best without equipping them and watching how your dps raises or lowers.

I am currently at the sewers but sitting at 7 shards.
Feel like I fought a few tavern rumor mobs that were shard worthy and did not drop anything. But I keep hunting for them. Still have not been to every zone yet. Not sure what I missed along the way other than the Call of Blood. Might give that a shot today.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:01 pm
Posts: 205
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Bjorn Firemane wrote:
So I am hearing its safe to sell all the mage gear I have been hording in hopes of there one day being a mage companion since the game is finished being modified. That should help free up some space. I now have both houses and all the other possible slots. Other questions...

The gold ingots? Just sell em?

> The only reason to keep any Mage-related equipment for a non-Mage player is purely for the sake of collectibles (just like the gold ingots, really)

Bjorn Firemane wrote:
Outside of quests, are there any use for gems other than emeralds to Minos and diamonds for crafted weapons? Sell them?

>The main reason to keep any gemstones (Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby and Diamond)are for monetary funds (as if you're short of gold coins, the gemstones are pretty good substitute to gain it fast, especially in Jabal or Freeport)

Bjorn Firemane wrote:
Someone mentioned gear was level based? I have read of newbs running to glaciers and getting the head piece as early as level 1. *shrugs* I have never tried equiping anything in the game before and been told I was too low.

>No, none of the equipment is level-based
However, there is a significant attack progression when you going through your adventure (imo more like different "tier" of equipment) and finding some equipment based on their base armor/damage digit.

Bjorn Firemane wrote:
And there is no real way to tell which weapons are the best without equipping them and watching how your dps raises or lowers.

> There's a list of all equipment within the forum wiki for your comparing pleasure

Bjorn Firemane wrote:
I am currently at the sewers but sitting at 7 shards.
Feel like I fought a few tavern rumor mobs that were shard worthy and did not drop anything. But I keep hunting for them. Still have not been to every zone yet. Not sure what I missed along the way other than the Call of Blood. Might give that a shot today.

> Sewer of Horror? or New Garand's Sewer?
Anyways, there's more than enough High-level "boss" mob that you can even finish collecting all the shards without getting any of it from the Rumour Mobs, all you need to do is keep exploring (or read the wiki)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 5
Has thanked: 1 time
Thank you for the replies.

I was referring to the Sewers of Horrors.

I saw the weapon table earlier, but it seems out of date. For example Cruelty is not accurate.

Got my 12th shard from the Flame Prophet this morning.

Call of the Blood seems almost impossible as a Warrior/Warrior duo. Without unlimited potions, just getting to the Executioner takes 3 rests and the headless corpses keep reanimating even after he is dead.

Think I'll stick to quests I can bring Hirge on for healing factor.

So for the Ark...
What is recommended to bring in bags? Weapon slots? Etc.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
@2016 4DGames. All rights reserved

[ GZIP: Off ]