Things too look at to make a better game

johnhiggins

Hey I lobe this game is 1 of the best in the store but i world like to Thames a few things to make it more enjoyable.
1 I play on the easiest seeing and still bit 2 hard i can get sick at times to fight some one my level or down to 3 levels lower i can't fight more than 1 without losing almost all my health can you make it so I hate an easytime mulling the creatures or male or so my jewelry goes down slower

2 hints on the 1,l mission the worlds a stage I had no idea what till dip tube only way I figured it out is through this wiki can you add hints for if you get stuck

3 can you make your health fully regenerate over timeand not just to 80

4 canyou make Ann auto save like every 5 minute s I hate forgetting to save and have to go way back becous i die

I love this game but these thing make it less enjoyable and just feel like I'm playing on the easest mode I would have not so much trouble with these things if you could plz fix or at least look at threes is really love it thank you

John Higgins

BOSTACH

Im not boasting.... The mission "The world is a stage" is simple... You have in new Arthur the only npc who cells alcohol differently then you have a guy wich the game gives you the option to ask him, he doesn't say that he don't know anything he just tell you that he's thirsty.

The only mission i needed the wiki to solve is "the lost coven" i had no clue where to search

Lolerescut

For the missions sometimes townhalls give you hints specific to a mission i only needed wiki for the ark for the cards only and for the hp regen above 80 i can recall that david said this game is not ment for someone to be staring at the screen for a few minute waiting for his hp to regain
As for how difficult the game is thats because your either using a character you dont excel at or because your strategies are not good and maybe your not using potions
As for the rest i hope you can clarify a bit more because i cant understand whats the problem

VDX_360

Staff member
HP regen was added somewhat begrudgingly. It was added to help give a buffer for the easy setting. Don't expect more.

The game is supposed to be challenging so there are a few spots you might need to think about for a second. The World of the Stage has several in-game hints. An actor obsessed with manticores is missing, there's an island of manticores nearby. Pretty easy. There's a drunk that wants more rum. There's a place that gives rum. Might take a second but not impossible.

If you're struggling, it might be due to a bad build or using less than ideal tactics. You might want to share your character build for suggestions on improvement.

The game auto-saves at every inn and every map change. Easy setting allows saving inside a dungeon too. Not sure how much more saving power one would need.

Cuckoorex

I have to say there are definitely areas like the Ark and the Sewer of Horrors where it would be helpful and appropriate to get some hints from NPCs as to what to expect. I had no idea the first time I went into the Ark about the exploding robots that can kill you by dying, or what kind of resistance I should build up. Same thing with the Sewers and Toxic/Fire resistance. Had to reload an earlier game with my warrior to re-spec for fire resistance on the Sewers. If I had been playing on Ironman I would have been pissed.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Cuckoorex":1769379a said:
If I had been playing on Ironman I would have been pissed.

When I think about someone playing Ironman, I always imagine one of these two things:

a) Someone really brave, always ready to die no matter why, where or when.
b) Someone who actually knows what he's doing, but wants more of challenge.

So, I imagine that those who play it in this way either know what to do, or know that dying comes naturally to them.

Cuckoorex

Alan_SP":1r5f0til said:
When I think about someone playing Ironman, I always imagine one of these two things:
a) Someone really brave, always ready to die no matter why, where or when.

And then there's c): Someone who reads the Wiki before entering into any new area or taking on a quest. I try not to read the Wiki about Quests/areas unless I find myself really stuck.

p4ran0id

Staff member
johnhiggins":1dwyryyd said:
4 canyou make Ann auto save like every 5 minute s I hate forgetting to save and have to go way back becous i die

There is a area autosave, isn't that enough?

Ps: a bit OT
I had bad experience with autosave, it was with Gothic 2 (yes I know, grandpa tells old stories) I spend over 4h during one run and good old windows me got a bluescreen, during the autosave! It destroyed the whole file and I lost everything, over 40h of gameplay was gone forever!

BOSTACH

There is a area autosave, isn't that enough?

Ps: a bit OT
I had bad experience with autosave, it was with Gothic 2 (yes I know, grandpa tells old stories) I spend over 4h during one run and good old windows me got a bluescreen, during the autosave! It destroyed the whole file and I lost everything, over 40h of gameplay was gone forever!

Sadness...

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Cuckoorex":3ctocf6r said:
Alan_SP":3ctocf6r said:

And then there's c): Someone who reads the Wiki before entering into any new area or taking on a quest.

I think that your c) is covered by my b). If you read wiki, you know what you need to do to achieve something.