"Disable Skills" option when talking to companions

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
I've seen a lot of complaints about how companions ruin things by wasting their skills. For me, Grissenda's knockback skills--whirlwind and bash--often make enemies retarget and end up getting me killed. I can't do The World Is A Stage with Grissenda because Laertes keeps getting killed.

From my limited knowledge, I think adding an option to disable ALL companion skills in the chat menu wouldn't be too hard to implement. It's far from total control but it seems like an easy step that would help a lot.

VDX_360

Staff member
The game is unlikely to be changed at this point. See developer's notes on the About section for this forum.

Best advice is to take into consideration how your Companion will act. You know she's going to use whirlwind or bash, so make sure you're in a position to between the nasty and the actor. Really, keeping the actor alive at any play through is ensuring you're between the nasty and him. Stock up on shield, attack and healing potions :)

Cuckoorex

Also, you can pay to reset your companion's traits and skills, then do a rebuild with either only passive skills or simply not training them in the annoying ones. Like Kick and Whirlwind get annoying, especially if you have the Duel skill or the Stab skill and you're trying to get in either sequential hits or that big first Stab, but idiot Adaon or Gris knocks them away before you can do it. Also, when Hirge burns through all her mana activating Arbenos' Might for no good reason every time a rat or goblin shows up instead of saving it for Healing. The downside is they won't have some powerful skills when you face bosses with them, though. It's a matter of what you're willing to put up with and what you might miss.