Emerald Valley and Kurgua Cave need drop balancing on the next technical update

Wyrm

Loreseeker
18 complete runs through Emerald Valley and Kurgua Cave. 2 hours. Only 9 red, 12 green fangs, 3 ivory rings, AND NO MYSTIC BONE MACE! Very absurd and boring considering their lack of importance.

OKAY 20 runs NO Mystic Bone Mace. Did the dev get rid of it!? This is my 8th character in this game and always got the mace within 5-6 runs. What's up? That means if I ran a Cleric and Hirge and wanted two maces I would have to run Kurgua Cave over 40 times!? No other non unique weapon is like this.

23 runs. Give up. Must be a bug with newest update it got eliminated some how.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
It's not a bug, the drop chance for the Mystic Bone Mace is just pretty low (~1.6%). Given that there is a total of 7 chests in Emerald Valley and Kurgua Cave, you had 23x7=151 attempts of getting it. From statistics (see Items Drops) this means that there is still a chance of several percent that you get nothing. So I guess you are just unlucky this time.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Wyrm":3k1h5sig said:
18 complete runs through Emerald Valley and Kurgua Cave. 2 hours. Only 9 red, 12 green fangs, 3 ivory rings, AND NO MYSTIC BONE MACE! Very absurd and boring considering their lack of importance
I move your post to Feedback since it's not a bug but a request to alter the drop rates for an item.

VDX_360

Staff member
Wyrm":1igr44mv said:
...This is my 8th character in this game and always got the mace within 5-6 runs.
Sounds more like the normal spread. Eight times getting it pretty quick, one time it being as elusive as the Invisible Swamp Donkey is within expectations for a rare item drop.

Using 1.5% (for ease of math), 7 chests per run, 20 runs (for ease of math), than that's 140 attempts... so make that works out to 12% of not getting ANY to drop (binomial distribution). So 12% is roughly 1/8, so.... Eight runs you got it pretty quickly, one run you got to work for it. Not only is that within expectations, that's almost a bullseye.

See some nerdy discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10279&hilit=binomial

Xen

Loreseeker
Surely, the Invisible Swamp Donkey hides it from you this time, you won't see it until you find that blasted ISD :p lol