I quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozotros

I quit. This game is too hard for me. On the easiest setting, with a level 13 rogue, I quit because even with the help of YouTube walkthroughs the game is just too hard and not enough fun. Not enough good loot or powerful item drops to make things interesting for me. Too much grinding. Not enough new things to buy from merchants. Leveling up doesn't give enough new skills or traits. I'm sorry, maybe its just me. Maybe I just suck at this. Or maybe the developer should make the easy setting even easier. Why so stingy with Rogue items? There should be twice as many different bows. More unique armor items that are easier to find.

Anyway, yes I did quit. I spent way too many hours getting to level 13 and I just lost interest when I realized what a long grind I had ahead of me. Sorry.

VDX_360

Staff member
Bozotros":3mtujh8h said:
I spent way too many hours...
The game by design is supposed to be long and challenging, but if the game is getting boring and repetitive, perhaps there's something the forum can help you work out?

I just completed a play through where I didn't run a dungeon twice, didn't grind at all and was able to make it through the Arc on Hard with solid equipment and a solid build. So if you're finding a need to grind too much, you might need to adjust your build to be a better suited for the game.

I might suggest you try a Cleric. Rogues are a bit more a challenge, being squishy and all.

Also, the Casual setting is a fairly easy setting, but it doesn't, and isn't supposed, to make the game a breeze.

Thank you for your feedback.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
That's ok. This game isn't for everyone. Compared to a lot of the newer games that give you a ton of loot and levels so you can blast hundreds of enemies away with ease this game is a drastic difference. Though I never got the feeling that I had to grind much? Only in the beginning a bit but afterwards there are enough quests and dungeons around the world that I could do to gain more levels and loot and get stronger. And sometimes you do indeed get a dead level. But that's the price to pay to get some of the stronger upgrades. Of course because of this you need to be careful that you don't throw away your points, since every point is important. And you'll grow every level a bit, even if you doing spend any trait or skill points. Because traits give a bigger buff if you are higher level. And an easier difficulty level? I personally don't think that the game needs one, but in the end it's David's choice.

Also, if you ever decide to play again and are looking for a good bow, the one that is found during Adaon's companion quest is a very good one and since you are level 13, you can start that quest.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Ranged builds are tricky in this game, even on the easiest difficulty. The difference between a "straightforward" build like a 2H warrior and a "tricky" one like an archer or a mage, is that in the tricky ones you really need to make an optimal build or you'll be at big disadvantage, while if you make a "barbarian" you can be abit more relaxed.

Sorry to hear about your frustration, I advise you to give details about your build so other players can give you advice, make sure you have a well-built tank companion with you. Alternatively, consider restarting as a warrior or cleric.

Xen

Loreseeker
Ask David to reconsider having a summon for a Rogue, but that would be too much for the melee Rogue. Instead it would be better if summons can last up to at least 3 minutes because it is expensive.

Bozotros

Can someone recommend a different game on Steam that might be more enjoyable for someone like me? I used to play Ultima Online and enjoyed that. As I recall it had much more varied and rewarding gameplay. You could make your own path through the game and find lots of new and interesting loot without dying too much. Anything new like that here on Steam? I am not a hardcore gamer. Just want some casual fun.

VDX_360

Staff member
Locking Thread for organization.

This thread has gone from feedback to a topic not related to EK, thus the catch-all forum would be a better place for the discussion about other games: viewforum.php?f=7

On a side note, the purchase price of Exiled Kingdoms is a one time payment that's less the half of the subscription cost of Ultimate Online, which charges a monthly amount or you loose all your games. So you can't really compare EK to UO. They're two very different layers of the gaming industry. (Forum rule note: Forum Rule #3 prohibits a certain level of discussing about pricing on the forum, but a causal reference to price for a comparison is withing limit).

Status
Not open for further replies.