Question about choices in Where's Giles quest - Spoilers

RougeRogue

If you lie to Latimer and let him think his son is still alive, you dont recieve the reputation bump in Varsilia or get his friendship. Does it mean that this option is considered the wrong moral choice?

My view would be that the son chose the adventurer life and also gave up his life to protect Chea, it would be correct to give the remains to Chea. She gets to give him a burial he would probably want, while his dad gets to live his life thinking his son is out there living happily.

I quess only David can answer what he intended, but im interested in what others chose and the reason why.

VDX_360

Staff member
I think you're over thinking it.

Chea isn't looking to recover his remains. And Latimer knows he's son is likely dead, he's just in denial so at some level, Latimer knows you're lying to him, so does the rest of the town.

The in-game quest option is simple: Either do the job you agreed to do in a honest manner, or lie to the person that hired you.

RougeRogue

That's a good point, she never asked for his remains to be recovered or buried until after you find them.

I guess I am overthinking, but getting into the motivations of the characters you meet is an enjoyable part of role playing games for me; and exiled kingdoms certainly provides food for thought.

cheers

Xen

Loreseeker
Saying the possible truth for the first time can make him angry and prevent you from finishing the quest. In my POV he can't accept it straight away because obviously you don't have any evidence that his son is already dead but in his mind he also think the same but denies it because he want to be positive and believe that his son might still be alive. Chea on the otherhand wants you to lie to Latimer to quell the heartaches he will suffer if he finds out the truth. All in all, Latimer just want space to think things over so he can finally set himself free and move on.