Dissapointed with loot *spoilers for new update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
While the new update gives a lot of great new loot, there is one enemy I expected a bit better loot from. The King of Korne. This is a level 23 boss, one of the strongest beings in the game who is surrounded by strong allies, and he only drops a tome and a circle of restoration? That's really not that amazing loot for such a tough fight? I haven't been able to check yet if it's a unique boss or one that can be farmed like the other kings.

p4ran0id

Staff member
BattleLord":1d4orqif said:
I haven't been able to check yet if it's a unique boss or one that can be farmed like the other kings.

Yes he's unique, took me several tries to kill him (lvl 22 cleric).

Not sure why he's there, he isn't important for any quest and if he drops shards, he's way too strong.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Take a weapon with death damage, that works really fast ;)

Exolisher

Dirk of Betrayal + Queen's/Devourer (was swapping between fights) puts him to Eternal Sleep. And Ye I think the drops we're quite disappointing, seeing how it was quite troublesome (to me at least since... 2 rogues) especially how there were quite alot in that room, thought there would be a pretty good drop (the npc dialog also add to the expectation)

Xen

Loreseeker
Since David isn't adding all elements for all kinds of weapon, it is good that there is no other unique item that is just an upgraded version of another (at least just for the King of Korne in this update) and i'm more contented if it also drop a skill tome (it's pretty rare you know.)

Zanza

Bumping this post since I didn't want to make a new topic, but yeah, I agree. After spending 10 attempts I haven't killed him yet (but I got him to like 5% hp one time). I'm a lvl 22 1-handed Warrior with Hirge as my ally and I think this boss is harder than the enemies at Arc of Lothasan. If you don't kill the healers they will sit there and heal him, but if you do go after the healers the boss kills Hirge by the time you finish them off and you won't be able to out-heal his damage (I spam Elixirs of Galade). If it's true that his loot is bad, that's a bit disappointing. For instance, the Greater Demon in Abbey of Saint Admus drops some amazing loot and he's lvl 22.

The vampire dungeon also doesn't give any decent loot. Plot-wise it had me in suspense and it was fun running away from vampires to reach the fountains, but loot-wise you get two 2-handed weapons and both of them aren't that great.

Between this boss and Void Lord, which one is harder? I haven't attempted Void Lord yet because he's level 24, but as long as he has no healers nearby it shouldn't be too bad.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Lol i think its epic stupid.... ( don't take it to personal ) wen people complaine about the loot... i know sometimes its a pain in the ass to find 1 specific item... however to exspect new loot or better loot everytime you meet a boss is i think personal a bit to much... this game containes over 500+ differend items.. isnt that enough.... the game will be set on hold now david is trying to get his new game completed asap.. I give him this time... but lets keep it fun.. use what you can find and that is what i think more then enough....

Sorry but somewhere there is a end of the line....

About the diffeculty of a boss... finally there is a kickass that kicks all of your asses except mine.... :lol: FINALLY...
nothing to complaine but believe me wen you killed him you want a stronger one AGAIN......

Cheers brothers...

VDX_360

Staff member
There's an in-game warning not to go into the throne room because you're only going to find death there...

Yes, he's a beast of a boss. But he's totally optional. In addition, as players have noted above, the right equipment mix makes him go down pretty easily, well a little easier (High def, high fire res, death damage). He's not likely a boss you'll beat the first time you come across him (Level 13 to Level 15) but he's something you should be able to handle by the time you start to explore the the Arc (Level 18 to Level 22, with some arc stuff like equipment and potions).

The King of Korne is comparable to the Void Lord, but might be a little more difficult to separating from his attendants than the Void Lord.

Using good tactics, such as luring King of Korne, or his attendants out of the throne room, makes the fight a lot easier. He's not the first boss that has well placed guards so nothing new there. Also, trying to rotate between him attacking the main character, a companion and a summon will help spread the pain more evening (and reset his duel counter).

Status
Not open for further replies.