It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:25 am 
Loreseeker

[+] SPOILER
waclawczernobyl wrote:
perhaps losing griss as an companion in a process, but gaining vampire warrior companion instead?

A new companion would take way too much effort and time to make so that really wouldn't be worth it. And if it would just be a copy of Griss but a random vampire then would just be a bit pointless.

waclawczernobyl wrote:
I felt that lore-wise I didn't know enough about vampires to consider them enemy.

They are vampires that are trying to kill you? What more do you need to know?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:09 pm 

EK Translator: German
waclawczernobyl wrote:
I had this uneasy feeling throughout second part of griss quest that some alternative, more evil outcome is missing. I mean,
[+] SPOILER
an option to help vampires, perhaps losing griss as an companion in a process, but gaining vampire warrior companion instead? I felt that lore-wise I didn't know enough about vampires to consider them enemy. That would require more time and writing though, and I don't think David has much of it to spare given that he also works on sequel.

[+] SPOILER
that's a stupid request. Just read the books. The vampires are bound to that place, they can't leave it, so a companion who is bound to a dungeon won't help much. Also vampires have a problem with sunlight, so he should die if the sun rises up ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:18 pm 

waclawczernobyl wrote:
I had this uneasy feeling throughout second part of griss quest that some alternative, more evil outcome is missing. I mean,
[+] SPOILER
an option to help vampires, perhaps losing griss as an companion in a process, but gaining vampire warrior companion instead? I felt that lore-wise I didn't know enough about vampires to consider them enemy. That would require more time and writing though, and I don't think David has much of it to spare given that he also works on sequel.

These are not the first time David mention any of these, I just don't expect it to be this fast. Do you remember anything that related to the Tol's follower on their betrayal?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:24 pm 
Loreseeker

Grim Rapper wrote:
There's also a stone, yeah I don't know what's the reaso-OH MY GOD, THE PRICE WHAT IN THE WORLD?

Yeah, that thing is getting a nice place in my Vault. I already have 250k anyway so I have no need to sell it. It'll probably never be useful since even the description says that it's best to sell it but who cares? I have this awesome beautiful stone now!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm 

[+] SPOILER
BattleLord wrote:
They are vampires that are trying to kill you? What more do you need to know?
Lot's of things tried to kill me in EK, but interaction with sentient foes sometimes resulted in learning new lore ( lady xidar, undermother ) or potentially peaceful outcome ( forsaken ). And vampires do seem to be sentient. Not only that, they seem to be one of few tolossians that are not undead, and hall of blue star was mentioned in other tolossian tomb as really important place. I felt bad for killing vampire elder because he might've known more about tol and the three than anyone else, except for Tol himself. For this exact reason i didn't kill undermother. I kinda wish we had a chance to pass some high int/per test before killing him and learn somthing new.

p4ran0id wrote:
that's a stupid request. Just read the books. The vampires are bound to that place, they can't leave it, so a companion who is bound to a dungeon won't help much. Also vampires have a problem with sunlight, so he should die if the sun rises up ;)

Not really a request, just my imagination running wild as I know it'd take too much effort. You're wrong though - vampires are bound to hall of blue star, but ritual of pure blood was supposed to fix it.

Grim Rapper wrote:
These are not the first time David mention any of these, I just don't expect it to be this fast. Do you remember anything that related to the Tol's follower on their betrayal?

I do, but i don't recall them being mentioned as vampires, so I assumed they were undead as the rest of tolossians.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:47 pm 

BattleLord wrote:
Grim Rapper wrote:
There's also a stone, yeah I don't know what's the reaso-OH MY GOD, THE PRICE WHAT IN THE WORLD?

Yeah, that thing is getting a nice place in my Vault. I already have 250k anyway so I have no need to sell it. It'll probably never be useful since even the description says that it's best to sell it but who cares? I have this awesome beautiful stone now!

Unless David want to make a quest about a homogenous porcupine that can run fast an-NO PLEASE DON'T DAVID I BEG YOU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:26 pm 

waclawczernobyl wrote:
[+] SPOILER
Grim Rapper wrote:

I do, but i don't recall them being mentioned as vampires, so I assumed they were undead as the rest of tolossians.

If that's not a direct foreshadowing, I didn't know what lmao

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:21 pm 

Grim Rapper wrote:
If that's not a direct foreshadowing, I didn't know what lmao

Ok, you're right. When I read that, I took for granted that whoever wrote it is long dead, or currently undead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:26 pm 

I mean, the one who wrote it is certainly was dead (that's the only way to finish the related quest), but this writing proves that it seems there's a branching point within the Tol's Undead Tribe after their god is put to sleep (and that's why I said in the first post "...can't wait to see the continuation of Grissenda's Story Quest", since there's a clash with one of the Tol's Undead Tribe)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm 
Loreseeker

Something like the Varannaris siding with the Witches of Orogg or simply living in the wilds worshipping the Moon Goddess or living in faith with The Three.