Adding a super hard dungeon

Duck123

Loreseeker
There should be a super hard dungeon like a real end game one, the sewer of horrors was supposed to be that but at least from my experience it was a little too easy. There should be a final dungeon with amazing loot but tons of level 20-25 enemies

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
I agree totally friend, I would like to see such extreme difficulty in the game, because I have a high level, and I also agree on the sewer of the Horrors, npc Breno helps too much in the quest and taking the right items with the fire resistances and ice makes it an even easier mission. I still hope David adds a place with high difficulty in the game with monsters above level 20

VDX_360

Staff member
Now that the Level Cap has been removed, and there's a ton of high tier equipment, a truly tough end-of-the-game brutal dungeon would have to have a pretty steep difficulty level that takes into consideration the increasingly common nature of super builds with top tier equipment.

Xen

Loreseeker
Something like when you go deeper in the dungeon, enemies get stronger. Or something like the Horror/Dimensional Parasite.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
The problem with this is that this problem can never be solved. There will always be a desire for a stronger challenge to try to beat. First there was the Ark, which was supposed to be the endgame. However, since lots of players kept on playing after the Ark and it became too easy to beat, players wanted a bigger challenge. So David made the Sewers of Horrors, an unforgiving dungeon with monsters and bosses stronger then ever seen before. But of course people keep on playing even after beating every single beast in the Sewer of Horrors. And since their characters keep on getting stronger too they desire again another challenge. Making an even harder super dangerous dungeon that's a lot stronger then the Sewer of Horrors isn't going to fix that. After that people will just crave for an even bigger and tougher challenge. That's why people have killed the unweakened undermother and the entire forsaken, just because it's a tougher fight then they have had before.
The only way to fix this problem would be to implement an ever scaling dungeon that keeps on giving tougher and tougher challenges. This would be hard to implement to keep it consistent with the lore. Just putting a dungeon full with horrors wouldn't make any sense from a lore perspective. There also needs to be a way lorewise to explain how creatures stronger then horrors exist but they aren't as big as a threat as horrors were since they have never been mentioned before.
In the end the decision if there is going to be another harder dungeon is up to David, and if there comes one I would for sure play it a lot to beat that challenge as well. I just fear that it wouldn't be a solution to the desire for a tougher challenge.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I think that for something like this we all first need to look at our character's level (everything over L25 is way out of original game design's scope) and game level. If we can finish two toughest dungeons with character below level 25 and playing it on iron man level, then, we truly deserve congratulations (and maybe flowers from cheerleaders :D).

Otherwise, in a way, we a forcing things too far.

Or, to put it in different words, if former is not true (not playing iron man L25 character and finishing with ease two toughest dungeons), we don't need tougher dungeon(s), we need game content editor, to make custom user made content. Which is something David said he may look into it, as there's still needs some changes to game engine and there need to be some documentation how to create game content.

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
Alan_SP":335ehfa2 said:
I think that for something like this we all first need to look at our character's level (everything over L25 is way out of original game design's scope) and game level. If we can finish two toughest dungeons with character below level 25 and playing it on iron man level, then, we truly deserve congratulations (and maybe flowers from cheerleaders :D).

Otherwise, in a way, we a forcing things too far.

Or, to put it in different words, if former is not true (not playing iron man L25 character and finishing with ease two toughest dungeons), we don't need tougher dungeon(s), we need game content editor, to make custom user made content. Which is something David said he may look into it, as there's still needs some changes to game engine and there need to be some documentation how to create game content.
I look forward to a place full of strong monsters, a quest with several bosses at one go, and with unusual weapons, with a drop of 1% by rumor bosses, like red dragons in the sewers of Iceman, in which drooling Tolkien books .
In my youtube channel, I have a video ending with arka below level 20 and ending the sewer of horrors at level 20, on the iron man difficulty, and type, very easy, of course, that there is my experience, however, it has to come something that forces you to take level to face "the depths of the mine levee", the ladder don lower level of icemist or who knows, something still not implanting in the map

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
BrunoPlay":2rdos1wf said:
In my youtube channel, I have a video ending with arka below level 20 and ending the sewer of horrors at level 20, on the iron man difficulty,
And, of course, you deserve congratulations (and maybe some flowers from cheerleaders too :D).

But, there's some old, not that good players like myself, who have troubles with much easier content. :D

I think the best solution would be if David, hopefully, create game editor and enable us all to enjoy much more content. But, we have to wait and see how it will go.

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
I agree. being able to edit the exiled kingdoms would be a wonder, I imagine how apt to make a modified exiled kingdoms I would be, would be the first to enter this project to contribute without modifying the clear history by adding new caves and monsters with levels above 25.

Duck123

Loreseeker
A game editor would be great, that way even when exiled kingdoms stops being developed users could develop it and it could still continue to grow