Item Rarity

Owns

Loreseeker
I realize it's probably too late for this in EK, but maybe for David's next game: it would be really nice if the item descriptions also stated their rarity (common, uncommon, limited, unique, etc.). It would make it much easier to decide which gear to sell and which might be worth keeping and allowing to use up space. I know this information is available in the Wiki, which I do check frequently for that purpose but having it in the game would be nice.

VDX_360

Staff member
That's a fairly common aspect in a lot of current games so it's a reasonable thing to request for the EK games.

However, I'm not sure if item rarity is an useful assessment for EK. For example, unique items such as the Bloodied Scarf and Queen's Hart are unique but only usable by Rogues so not really worth keeping for other classes not using Adaon.

To a different extent, unique items that don't suit one's build (unique 2-H weapons found by a 1-H weapon build) are also not worth keeping. Sure, in theory one could re-spect and change a character's build, making sense to keep some of the top tier items around just in case.

Also, not listing the rarity of an item in-game allows the developer a little more flexibility in altering availability later. Maybe?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Well, I just look how "high" item stats are. Even if some items are unique and you can't find them again, if something else is better, I don't bother with it that much.

That being said, I try to have weapons with different damage types, as well as armor or rings with different protection types.

And yes, I know that there's a little (or sometimes pretty big) collector in each of us, so that may get out of hands pretty soon. :D