Idea: Arena endless run

p4ran0id

Staff member
I would like to have an endless mode after finishing the arena (or as an option)

You will get "waves of enemies" endless. Enemies drops potions and maybe better weapons. If you loose (the only option to leave the arena) you won't get killed, but also you won't get any XP. Instead it could be an achievement like "survived 10 rounds". That way it will be fun to test how far you can go, but you can't level or grind with that.

Ps: it should be impossible to finish, for high levels (like 70) you could give each round more horrors as enemies. 20 horrors shouldn't be possible to kill, even with lvl 100 ;)

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
While this sounds nice from a gameplay perspective it really doesn't make any sense lorewise.
First the arena is explicitly cited as being a fight to the death. There is no reason why your character would get special treatment and gets saved and healed up every time. However since you proposed to not award xp for it after dying, it would be easier to just say that you died there and reload from your last save file so this isn't really much of a problem.
Next and more important it would be impossible for Mercians to find and capture even one horror. These creatures are the horrible things that destroyed the original Empire so if the Mercians managed to control them they would easily be able to conquer the entire world.
As a final side note, don't underestimate what players can accomplish. After killing the unweakened Undermother and the entire forsaken I'm sure that some player somewhere would figure out a way to kill 20 horrors.

p4ran0id

Staff member
BattleLord":30j6kk9t said:
After killing the unweakened Undermother and the entire forsaken I'm sure that some player somewhere would figure out a way to kill 20 horrors.

Maybe, but then they have to face 21/25/200 horrors and so on.

Like I said, it should be a separate mode without possibility to rest. Maybe you could decide if you want to quit each round. But that would be to much grinding for XP.