Testers' Feedback - May/June 2018 update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I just released (for Beta Testers) update 1.1.1087

New update featuring more world detail, targeted mostly at levels 12-20. It should fill some gaps in progression to minimize the need to grind before endgame, as well as tying some loose ends related to lore and previous quests/characters. This includes about half of the content that is planned for release 1.2, the rest is still in progress and I hope to have it ready in about 3-4 weeks, but I think it's better to test this ASAP and have it released.

-German, Italian translations complete (except new content). Other translations expanded.
-New areas added in northwest Ilmara. New quests added, one of them will trigger if Hirge is your companion and you are level 13+; quests related to the other companions are currently being developed.
-The Freetown Arena now offers you battles in exchange of gold and experience! (It opens up only after certain quest is completed)
-Teleport scrolls now allow you to travel to Tremadan's Tower.
-Traders added inside the Grey Library, they allow to buy certain useful items at lower prices and sell loot at higher prices. Only available if you're not an enemy of their faction.
-Wearing helms/hoods now shows on your character!

For now it's available only on Android (or should in a couple hours), if all goes well I'll release it for PC Beta testers tomorrow and after that, make it a public release in a few days.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Re: Testers' Feedback - May 2018 update.

No, I got it before (not sure where exactly) it's a sword

p4ran0id

Staff member

I like the new update, the pit was awesome and Hirge can now become a real beast. cleric with Hirge is just awesome (maybe overpowered, but I'll wait for the rest before deciding)
I got once a complete freeze at pit (send you via feedback in app), but besides that it looks well.
Just one thing I don't like so much, as a wand mage build the Arena is a bit problematic (maybe also wir rogue) maybe you could insert also orbs and offhand weapons. Also I like the idea with random items for Arena (was mentioned before).

Besides that, great work!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

JohnyDI":w4symvqn said:
So I've been searching since then, and still no clue where the second weapon is. Assuming it is inside the dungeon, I gotta ask:
Was it suposed to be inside the chest in the hidden chamber in the center of the dungeon? because there I only got diamonds and esmeralds

It's hidden in the Irossia area

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

Regarding the arena items variety: agreed, but sadly the engine was never designed for something like this, chests have their limitations unless I do a lot of side-coding.

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker

Update excellent (as it always was) however, getting better. Too happy to know that it is still 50% and still missing the other 50%. Now, an opinion:
I did not find Hirge's skills to be compatible (though the cleric may be from the guild of the warriors as well, but dueling and heavy handing made it strange to leave Hirge a balanced support ... would fall well on Grissenda.
normal (public, non-testers) like I. I see it all through my Exiled group hehe in which there are people testers there.

edit: waiting for the public version. I open my playstore every day.

p4ran0id

Staff member

DavidBVal":2p321azl said:
Regarding the arena items variety: agreed, but sadly the engine was never designed for something like this, chests have their limitations unless I do a lot of side-coding.

A workaround could be a "Piñata" instead of a chest. A not moving enemy with 1 HP. One hit and it drop down the items. Since that is part of the engine, these should be easy to implement for random item drop ;)

Edit: or a white rabbit with 0 dmg you have to catch (I love matrix :lol:)

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator

BrunoPlay":27i5shbr said:
edit: waiting for the public version. I open my playstore every day.
You don't need to check Playstore, just check here to see when it will go public. David always inform here about public status of new versions.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker

p4ran0id":3av46lqb said:
A workaround could be a "Piñata" instead of a chest. A not moving enemy with 1 HP. One hit and it drop down the items. Since that is part of the engine, these should be easy to implement for random item drop ;)
Well, you have the corpses within the arena, which seemingly have random loot (at least varying from fight to fight). So you can get at least some random items.

What is more annoying is the complete unequipping and re-equipping after each fight. Would be cool if all the stuff magically re-appears on the corresponding body slots, but I guess this is not possible with the current game engine.

Another thing that came to my mind: Wouldn't it be cool if the price for beating the arena champion was a house in Freetown? It felt a bit disappointing to only receive money and reputation. But maybe I'm too greedy... :D

Bans1x

Can someone send me a screenshot of the new dungeon completed i need to see whats in it i cant kill the dark presences but do it in spoiler tag

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker

Concerning translations: What is the plan for the new translation files? Will the first bunch be uploaded for translation after the partial release or only after the full release in a few weeks? Just asking so I can plan a bit ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.