Request for Allowed Community Mods/Addon/DLC

OnlyGali

Hi DavidBVal

I loved your game a lot! I read that you will be developing a new game soon. Congratulation! I am waiting with anticipation for your next game.

However, I hope you would consider allowing the community to add on to EK. I understand you will be working on the final version. However, I feel like the world of EK can expand much more! I understand you would love to continue but you are only one person.

I was hoping you can allow die hard fans to contribute to the world of EK by designing/coding their own scenarios/roleplaying and making them DLCs. The fact you expanded to steam makes it a great platform for modding! As modding in certain games has been successful and makes it much more prominent and outstanding, for example Skyrim.

I am not a coder myself but i would love to try! I feel like the world of EK can include things like arena ( boss time attack) and more epic quests such as those already made by you.

In term of benefits, this would make EK everlasting and people would consider buying the steam version more. I feel like this would be a good impact for your brand. As much as you gave to the community, I am sure the community would love to give back. Seeing as how there are still many active suggestions, I feel like this will be a good movement for EK.

Thank you for your hard work!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, thanks for your support for the game and your enthusiasm!

The game engine is about 99% ready for that, but still the remaining 1% of things that are hardcoded, plus coding the options to load different modules, and (this would be particularly big) documenting everything would be no trivial task. I might do it, but definitely I can't right now invest the 6-7 weeks it'd take me to have everything ready. I intend to do it at some point, maybe after my next game is already on course and development is on the right track.

BOSTACH

That is a wonderful suggestion David you can get crazy yet awesome mods or expansions for the game I have seen it in many communities and it was all great, as an example PUBG was a mod to Arma 3,
dark souls 1,2,3 all of them got randomizer mod for enemies and equipments from the community, and What can go wrong?

OnlyGali

DavidBVal":15gkrzma said:
Hello, thanks for your support for the game and your enthusiasm!

The game engine is about 99% ready for that, but still the remaining 1% of things that are hardcoded, plus coding the options to load different modules, and (this would be particularly big) documenting everything would be no trivial task. I might do it, but definitely I can't right now invest the 6-7 weeks it'd take me to have everything ready. I intend to do it at some point, maybe after my next game is already on course and development is on the right track.

You are the best! AWESOME! :] glad to hear glad to hear.
Take care!

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":3j95e7y3 said:
I might do it, but definitely I can't right now invest the 6-7 weeks it'd take me to have everything ready. I intend to do it at some point, maybe after my next game is already on course and development is on the right track.

You should do it before or parallel to the new game.

That way you can keep the players. Also, you will benefit from this and you can build the new game with DLC engine.
The experience with that upgrade will help you to design the next game and make it ready for DLC, without rebuild it after finishing :cool:

Just my suggestion ;)

VDX_360

Staff member
OnlyGali":141qii1t said:
...I was hoping you can allow die hard fans to contribute to the world of EK by designing/coding their own scenarios/roleplaying and making them DLCs.

I have an expansion pack* that lets you play as the Undermother with an Invisible Swamp Donkey as a companion. You can buy it from the traveling hacker found randomly in the Sewer of Horrors.

The invisible swamp donkey isn't always invisible, temporary invisibility is just a skill of his (5, 10, 15 seconds for Level 1,2,3). His go-to combat skill is Donkey Kick which does a lot of damage with a serious knock back.

*totally not true. I can barely code a combination lock let alone a game re-write. But hey, this is how rumors get started :)

p4ran0id

Staff member
The invisible Swamp donkey is my third companion! I would like to post a screenshot, but since it's invisible, no one beside me can see him. But he's there, believe me :lol:

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":ull18env said:
That way you can keep the players. Also, you will benefit from this and you can build the new game with DLC engine.
The experience with that upgrade will help you to design the next game and make it ready for DLC, without rebuild it after finishing :cool:

I just suggested something simmilar in the other thread:

Alan_SP":ull18env said:
There's also one potential bonus for David, in case he decides on making game editor. He could include user content he finds good enough in official EK versions, so EK could still grow after 1.2 relatively easy, leaving David free to develop new game and in same time, spending much less of his precious time, developing EK's new versions with user created content he officially approves.

In a way it would be a big plus for everyone.

Of course, we will see what will come out of it. I guess that many users who would create content wouldn't mind if it becomes officially included (of course, permissions should be given explicitly, but we could have special thread, or maybe even new forum for user created content, if editor becomes reality).

I know that it would take time to make game editor and make it ready for public, but potential benefit could be enormous. For example, each month David could use two or three days to cull best new content and include it in next EK version.

In this way EK will still gets updates, David time to develop new project and all in all, everyone will be happy.