It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:35 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Hi DavidBVal

I loved your game a lot! I read that you will be developing a new game soon. Congratulation! I am waiting with anticipation for your next game.

However, I hope you would consider allowing the community to add on to EK. I understand you will be working on the final version. However, I feel like the world of EK can expand much more! I understand you would love to continue but you are only one person.

I was hoping you can allow die hard fans to contribute to the world of EK by designing/coding their own scenarios/roleplaying and making them DLCs. The fact you expanded to steam makes it a great platform for modding! As modding in certain games has been successful and makes it much more prominent and outstanding, for example Skyrim.

I am not a coder myself but i would love to try! I feel like the world of EK can include things like arena ( boss time attack) and more epic quests such as those already made by you.

In term of benefits, this would make EK everlasting and people would consider buying the steam version more. I feel like this would be a good impact for your brand. As much as you gave to the community, I am sure the community would love to give back. Seeing as how there are still many active suggestions, I feel like this will be a good movement for EK.

Thank you for your hard work!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline
EK Developer, Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 am
Posts: 5517
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 589 times
Hello, thanks for your support for the game and your enthusiasm!

The game engine is about 99% ready for that, but still the remaining 1% of things that are hardcoded, plus coding the options to load different modules, and (this would be particularly big) documenting everything would be no trivial task. I might do it, but definitely I can't right now invest the 6-7 weeks it'd take me to have everything ready. I intend to do it at some point, maybe after my next game is already on course and development is on the right track.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:17 am
Posts: 91
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 7 times
That is a wonderful suggestion David you can get crazy yet awesome mods or expansions for the game I have seen it in many communities and it was all great, as an example PUBG was a mod to Arma 3,
dark souls 1,2,3 all of them got randomizer mod for enemies and equipments from the community, and What can go wrong?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am
Posts: 2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
DavidBVal wrote:
Hello, thanks for your support for the game and your enthusiasm!

The game engine is about 99% ready for that, but still the remaining 1% of things that are hardcoded, plus coding the options to load different modules, and (this would be particularly big) documenting everything would be no trivial task. I might do it, but definitely I can't right now invest the 6-7 weeks it'd take me to have everything ready. I intend to do it at some point, maybe after my next game is already on course and development is on the right track.



You are the best! AWESOME! :] glad to hear glad to hear.
Take care!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline
Loreseeker
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 62
Location: Brazil
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Very good request, I created a topic with something similar, but only giving ideas, not something as deep as you mentioned that is a great idea, would be great, and how!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16221

att correct link

_________________
My Exiled Kingdoms Youtube channel
My Exiled Kingdoms WhatsApp Group - [Only for Brazilians]

Orpheu / Rogue / Level 45


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 pm 
Online
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:31 am
Posts: 979
EK Translator: German
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 155 times
DavidBVal wrote:
I might do it, but definitely I can't right now invest the 6-7 weeks it'd take me to have everything ready. I intend to do it at some point, maybe after my next game is already on course and development is on the right track.


You should do it before or parallel to the new game.

That way you can keep the players. Also, you will benefit from this and you can build the new game with DLC engine.
The experience with that upgrade will help you to design the next game and make it ready for DLC, without rebuild it after finishing 8-)

Just my suggestion ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:40 am
Posts: 2193
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 318 times
OnlyGali wrote:
...I was hoping you can allow die hard fans to contribute to the world of EK by designing/coding their own scenarios/roleplaying and making them DLCs.


I have an expansion pack* that lets you play as the Undermother with an Invisible Swamp Donkey as a companion. You can buy it from the traveling hacker found randomly in the Sewer of Horrors.

The invisible swamp donkey isn't always invisible, temporary invisibility is just a skill of his (5, 10, 15 seconds for Level 1,2,3). His go-to combat skill is Donkey Kick which does a lot of damage with a serious knock back.

*totally not true. I can barely code a combination lock let alone a game re-write. But hey, this is how rumors get started :-)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 pm 
Online
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:31 am
Posts: 979
EK Translator: German
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 155 times
The invisible Swamp donkey is my third companion! I would like to post a screenshot, but since it's invisible, no one beside me can see him. But he's there, believe me :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:08 pm
Posts: 1242
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 78 times
p4ran0id wrote:
That way you can keep the players. Also, you will benefit from this and you can build the new game with DLC engine.
The experience with that upgrade will help you to design the next game and make it ready for DLC, without rebuild it after finishing 8-)


I just suggested something simmilar in the other thread:

Alan_SP wrote:
There's also one potential bonus for David, in case he decides on making game editor. He could include user content he finds good enough in official EK versions, so EK could still grow after 1.2 relatively easy, leaving David free to develop new game and in same time, spending much less of his precious time, developing EK's new versions with user created content he officially approves.

In a way it would be a big plus for everyone.

Of course, we will see what will come out of it. I guess that many users who would create content wouldn't mind if it becomes officially included (of course, permissions should be given explicitly, but we could have special thread, or maybe even new forum for user created content, if editor becomes reality).


I know that it would take time to make game editor and make it ready for public, but potential benefit could be enormous. For example, each month David could use two or three days to cull best new content and include it in next EK version.

In this way EK will still gets updates, David time to develop new project and all in all, everyone will be happy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
Loreseeker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:50 am
Posts: 514
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 53 times
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15445


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
@2016 4DGames. All rights reserved

[ GZIP: Off ]