Rogue balance proposal

fricek12

Loreseeker
I played as Warrior and melee Rogue, each one till level 21+, and can say that Warrior is much balanced and easier than Rogue.

Rogues have low DPH due to weak weapons such as daggers and short swords. This causes that killing low level enemies is fast, however, slaying bosses is extremely tough. Rogue's DPS is low due to enemy's armor reduction - the only way to deal damage is critical hit (e.g. 10%) or Stab attack (once per 9 sec).

Comparing to Warriors which can deal 50+ dmg on average to bosses with 2H weapon (+ 2.5*STR bonus with 2 handed expert skill) and hit multiple enemies with Cleave skill, Rogues are not ballanced.

I would work more on weapon speed ballancing and critical hits.

(1) Speed of 2H weapons which are 2 or 3 times stronger is ca. 10, while speed of the fastest dagger is only 13. The speed should compensate low DPH, so the daggers should be at speed 20 - 30.

(2) Rogues are assasins, deadly killers. They should do more criticals. I would add more base critical hit chance to Rogues or increase such attribute when wielding daggers. Double critical chance should be fair.

(3) Both ballancing updates above (speed / criticals) could be (also) incorporated into Off Hand weapon attributes which I think are currently useless. The current Off Hand weapon bonuses are very poor and as melee Rogue I prefere shields to any other Off Hand equipment. If the Off Hand weapons had remarkable speed bonus or criticals, the use of them would make then sense to Rogues (like dual weapon wielding).

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
Really to this kind of imbalance between rogue and warrior. I'm a fan of the 2 classes, I prefer my rogue but I see a certain disadvantage for a certain part (not much) my rogue's best damage at level 40 was 691, so I can be happy despite the details

JarrenDrahn

It sounds like you're building your rogues incorrectly. Rogues have the highest melee dps in the game if built right. And there are lots of skills that boost critical's that they can get already.

fricek12

Loreseeker
JarrenDrahn":3b5runnd said:
It sounds like you're building your rogues incorrectly. Rogues have the highest melee dps in the game if built right. And there are lots of skills that boost critical's that they can get already.

I dont think I have bad build. My Rogue already has Massive Criticals and Precision Strikes. Nevertheless, I think it is not enough. Warriors are easier. Why is the Cleave skill only for Warriors? Rogue deals good damage only if using Active Skills which means you can do a lot of damage only once and then you have to wait till the cooldown. Warriors are strong enough when using Passive Skills (2H Expert, Duel, Heavy hand) - that means every hit is powerful and no cooldown is applied.

This could be compensated by increased hit speed or critical chance - e.g. with every Rogue's level some % increase. Similar to Warriors who get more lives each level.

Notwithstanding the above, do you think the Off Hand weapons are useful? Anyone plays Rogue with an Off Hand weapon? I would say that Shields give much better gameplay. That is, however, thematically incorrect - why Rogues with shields? Shields are for Warriors.

I am not sure which guild a melee Rogue should join (Warriors / The Seventh House) - considering two Skills: Heavy hand and Assasinate. Heavy Hand is passive, Assasinate with cooldown. If Rogues could learn Duel Skill, the Warrior Guild would be the best one; but they can't.

I just want to say that the Rogue class could be improved... at least a little bit.

Cuckoorex

It's good you have Precision Strikes and Massive Criticals, but you need to build up Agility and get the skills Flurry and Evasion. It immediately boosts Rogue up to highest DPS in the game and you can kill almost anything except the very toughest bosses usually before Evasion runs out. My rogue, even without Flurry or Stab activated, gets 58.9 DPS (59.6 with Ion Recurve bow). With Flurry active, my DPS is 99.7. Flurry AND Stab gives me single-strike capability of 88-94, with an 18% crit chance to do up to 272 damage with a single hit.

BOSTACH

LOL Dude the worrier is just simple equip what is better but the rogue class my friend this class is extremely POWERFUL I was killing BOSSES WITH THREE HITS AND WHO CARES ABOUT HP GRESSINDA CAN EASY REACH OVER 250 HP AND OVER 20 ARMOR