Fun or a Chore?

Divinity

Firstly i wanna say this game is a "sort" of gem. If the issues that bother me get addressed then i can feel it is a gem. I made an account cuz i care about this game enough to post this. just one word....... "MANA" ........ i got my companion healer and im like WOW yes someone to heal me this is so awesome. and boom.. mana down / no regen and im like hmmm. "ok thats fine im sure after she dies it will have atleast half mana and nope... lol...

ok sure u need to go back to town to stock up and rest.. but what about the hardcore farmers who wanna grind? i read cap was removed above 25, illl be one of the ones going / trying past that.. ok sure i read there is a place that drops alot of mana pots but how about early game? going back to town ever moment is not fun bruh...

why does this game feel a bit of a chore sometimes.. this game could be a beauty if it was not so hard... the easiest mode as a PAY PLAYER.. shouldnt the player be able to choose what difficulty he would like? should casual / story / easy mode actually be easy for those that maybe just want story? i mean they ALREADY" payed lol...

usually pay to win games make it almost impossible so u are forced to top up etc.. im grateful i read a trick to level fast and decent but what about those who dont know lol..

anyway... make game easier for "casual mode" and fix mana issues lol.. i wont even touch mage class... sure in THE LONG RUN.. u can have alot mana and pots but early on? who knows how many have quit cuz these things.. i read and see alot complaints about mana also in forum and about the difficulty .. on youtube all u see is most ppl say pick casual / easiest mode... cuz its so annoying the other modes..

anyway.. rant over..... other than that , this game is a gem... ive played so many rpg way back to bg and zel da : links awakening.. so im a hardcore gamer hehe.

im so excited for the new game dev. keep it up!!!! This sure feels like the classics.

Xen

Loreseeker
Stock up some Deepfrost Cognac, you can buy some in Wizard Towers and some of the Towns in the game. The price is cheap, it is only 50 gold per bottle.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Mage is my most favorite character. You have to play it different than warrior, but it is way more fun.

Mana isn't really a problem, you have to find a way how to play that character. At the beginning, you have to rest often, but that's what I like, it's a competition and it feels good if you manage to finish a dungeon or kill a boss.

With lvl 8 (and right skilling) I have no problem with mana, without any potions. And with high level that character is awesome.

Also a mage is very easy to level, int gives you XP bonus, so you can level faster than other classes.

JarrenDrahn

The general idea I'm seeing from these complaints is that, "I can't explore endlessly without visiting a town". Most people just don't like having to adapt to an unfamiliar system. Some games do have passive health and mana recovery sure, but that's other games, not this one. The current system works how it was intended and is fine by me. Passive recovery would make it way too easy.

I honestly treat this game a bit like dark souls. Inns are your bonfires and the recoveries are your estus flask. Once you get used to playing it and using inns, it really isn't that hard to level and play the game.

I hit level 24 just playing every quest in the game with no grinding necessary on a normal mode play through. Beyond that, sure it's a long grind but you have the equipment and potions to deal at that stage. Besides which, grinding beyond level 25 doesn't really achieve anything unless you actually enjoy grinding.

p4ran0id

Staff member
JarrenDrahn":ezrzgvvn said:
I hit level 24 just playing every quest in the game with no grinding necessary on a normal mode play through. Beyond that, sure it's a long grind but you have the equipment and potions to deal at that stage. Besides which, grinding beyond level 25 doesn't really achieve anything unless you actually enjoy grinding.

Only if the RNG God has blessed you. I spend 3 days grindig with my archer just to get the gloves at arch :x

But yes you're right, for leveling, grinding isn't necessary

Divinity

what i am saying is simple and fair. Make easy mode just that easy.. for those who want to play mainly for story. The person already payed so whats the problem in doing so? for those who want it "harder" actually play a harder mode.

easy mode is actually hard.

Yes for exp grinders going in orc dungeon and having to come out in 5min to sell in town is a serious pain in the a** . make inventory bigger or do something.

sure for clearing a dungeon only and normal gameplay mana management and other things are easy. im talking about grinding here.. after 25 hardcore..... or even low level that doesnt wanna hop in to questing so fast.

XEN , thanks for the advice!

JarrenDrahn

p4ran0id":jk6zltu4 said:
JarrenDrahn":jk6zltu4 said:

Only if the RNG God has blessed you. I spend 3 days grindig with my archer just to get the gloves at arch :x

But yes you're right, for leveling, grinding isn't necessary

Yeah I had a rather odd assortment of equipment on that speed run. But I got fairly lucky at the sunken citadel and had about 70 days still to get the achievement for completing in under 180 days.

Also, there already is a way to make your inventory bigger if you get a bit further in the game. It's called the bag of holding.

The game is supposed to be over after lvl 25 essentially. By that point you've most likely completed everything there is to do. The developer even said that was why the original limit was 25. If you want to grind beyond that you can, but there really isn't any point. Unless you actually enjoy grinding as I said before, in which case, does it matter how long it takes? Anyway, the game was never designed to accommodate the need for going beyond lvl 25.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Divinity":bpx7e429 said:
what i am saying is simple and fair. Make easy mode just that easy.. for those who want to play mainly for story. The person already payed so whats the problem in doing so? for those who want it "harder" actually play a harder mode.
That discussion isn't new. There are several players who wants an easier mode.

I Disagree with that, I like it the way it is, if you want the story Mode, just watch YouTube playlist.

But I'm not a developer, so it's only my opinion. I have no idea if David will bring an easier mode, I hope not but that's his decision ;)

Casual mode isn't hard, you have to find a way how to play this, after that it's really easy! I finished 9 characters, casual mode I can finish in about a week with every build. That's something that makes that game so awesome. You have to learn how to do it, manage the competitions and spending some frustrating hours just to realize how easy it can be. Just like the old days before every game get autohealing and Co! :D

Divinity

ok guys , thanks for the advice. about mana pots and bag of holding. These things are gotten kinda later-ish which kinda sux hehe. But ill push.

@jarrenDrahn, after 25 , leveing up has to give atleast something hp bonus anything? if so id grind for fun :). but if no bonus are given i dont see a point in opening cap.

about the difficulty. It almost drove me to quit, but i decided to stay and give it a bit more whirl. But if it causes the dev/david to lose players then i dont see how it can be good in anyway.

example: if making easy mode actually bit easier keeps more players hence funding more players/ his new game and the at same time letting the current players play a more harder mode . its a win win situation IMHO.

like i feel the casual mode should be bump up to normal and casual made bit more easy.

Well ima push to get to that ice town and buy deepfrost cognac i saw on wiki.
lastly.. to paranoid. if the game is played just questing, id agree its not super hard, just a bit frustrating at first. But i like to grind hehe. and i stay in orc for sometime and i need to head to town each 5min to sell stuff so its tedious early on. others like to quest and like that u normally visit towns and can rest / recover.

thanks for the advice all...

p4ran0id

Staff member
I'm quite sure, he won't loose any players by making that game easier. But it won't be so fascinating if you play it on very easy mode. It's like cheating, you loose the interest fast if you use built in cheats (my experience from other games), it's something for the second run, but still it destroy the game. To easy is boring, but that's also only my opinion ;)

Ps: Jedi Academy (1&2) was for me the only game, where cheats made a complete new game experience!