Arabic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSTACH

Hello translators and David
In recent months languages have been implemented to the game but no one mentioned Arabic IT'S SPOKEN BY MORE THAN 600.000.000 please look in it take a deep breath and think of it

JarrenDrahn

BOSTACH":2qnpvzji said:
In recent months languages have been implemented to the game but no one mentioned Arabic IT'S SPOKEN BY MORE THAN 600.000.000 please look in it take a deep breath and think of it

In order to translate it into arabic they would need someone who spoke arabic to volunteer to do the translations. Are you volunteering?

Also, I believe there has been difficulty adding non latin alphabets into the game engine.

Finally, millions of people may speak arabic but that doesn't mean many of them are playing exiled kingdoms.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
There's two main problems:

1) As already mentioned, there's seems big problem with non-latin languages, and Arabic is RTL language, so I guess it doubles problems with it.

2) There needs to be volunteers who would do actual translation.

Lolerescut

JarrenDrahn":y26garnv said:
BOSTACH":y26garnv said:

In order to translate it into arabic they would need someone who spoke arabic to volunteer to do the translations. Are you volunteering?

Also, I believe there has been difficulty adding non latin alphabets into the game engine.

Finally, millions of people may speak arabic but that doesn't mean many of them are playing exiled kingdoms.
You'd be how many of us play the game

Lolerescut

Alan_SP":2cryd024 said:

1) As already mentioned, there's seems big problem with non-latin languages, and Arabic is RTL language, so I guess it doubles problems with it.

The solution for arabic typing is simple you need to change the writing from "left to right" to "right to left" and that should fix that i believe

BOSTACH

Alan_SP":1jlezcxh said:

Um...if the first problem is solved I will be happy to be a translators,in fact I'm a native Arabic speaker

BOSTACH

Lolerescut":14g90kgk said:
Alan_SP":14g90kgk said:

The solution for arabic typing is simple you need to change the writing from "left to right" to "right to left" and that should fix that i believe
LOL dude it's a whole different language the letters are much more than the English besides the grammar by it self can make you comment a suicide

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure what problems David encountered with non-latin languages, but he dropped translation effort for them to later time, as you can see in related thread.

GreenDragon":21i7vam9 said:
EDIT (May 11th 2017): Chinese, Korean and Japanese translations have been put on hold, since they will involve both technical challenges and massive dedication and will likely be done at a future time, not during active development.

If he decides to solve these problems, Arabic may be included, if there's enough interest. Or not, I'm not in position to promise anything along this line.

Lolerescut

BOSTACH":1mp0e0lo said:
Lolerescut":1mp0e0lo said:
Alan_SP":1mp0e0lo said:

LOL dude it's a whole different language the letters are much more than the English besides the grammar by it self can make you comment a suicide
The difference is 2 letters and i know that cause i am an arab and i already did a translation volunteering to a game and they had a problem with it and it was sloved through changing the writing style

Status
Not open for further replies.