Enemy/Monster Relevancy

Xen

Loreseeker
I noticed that there are Unique Boss enemies like the Kurg King, Ancient Yeti, and other Dragon bosses with a unique name. Why not give them a story and background in a form of quest just like the High Priest of Tol? And also it will be a bit more rewarding if you give unique item drops to unique enemies because they are one time enemies which can't respawn.

Exolisher

Xen":2dq5mla8 said:
I noticed that there are Unique Boss enemies like the Kurg King, Ancient Yeti, and other Dragon bosses with a unique name. Why not give them a story and background in a form of quest just like the High Priest of Tol? And also it will be a bit more rewarding if you give unique item drops to unique enemies because they are one time enemies which can't respawn.

I agree on what your saying. Also not sure if these are part of what your mentioning but I got Rancor from Greater Demon, a sword from Araim(?), Bloodscarf from Natsur(?) [the Kings of Mercia|Rooms in Mercian Crypt]
and doesn't some have description (not sure if considered a lore) in Tavern Rumors?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Some are part of a quest, some aren't, because in an open world not everything is planted there "for a reason", some things like the Kurg King are there for those that simply wish to explore. Kurg King drops the Myrosian boots, btw.

Another reason is time. Writing is what takes most time from development, by far. I know when you play it seems it's just a few lines here and there, but actually the game has nearly 140K words of text, that's like 2 novels. And what is more important, it is often written and then rewritten and shortened many times over until it reaches its final form.

Xen

Loreseeker
Thanks :) I got the answer i'm seeking. BTW I wish we can have exclusive benefits from vanquishing some of the unique boss enemies like the Ancient Yeti, its spawn point is a special landmark something like the Stonehenge but the loots from it is very ordinary that some players may just leave the Yeti in its place, Same with the Devourer in Sewer of Horrors.

Atomos

Xen":d497ebe6 said:
Thanks :) I got the answer i'm seeking. BTW I wish we can have exclusive benefits from vanquishing some of the unique boss enemies like the Ancient Yeti, its spawn point is a special landmark something like the Stonehenge but the loots from it is very ordinary that some players may just leave the Yeti in its place, Same with the Devourer in Sewer of Horrors.
There is one benefit connected with that boss, you won't get surprised/slaughtered when stepping on teleport stone ;)