Problem learning disintegrate

Ineedalife

I am currently unable to learn disintegrate in icemist as a lvl 12 mage. It says it requires a lvl 5 intellect check which I have with a magical item, lvl 4 without. When I completed the main quest on warrior I could learn things and it didn't matter if I had leveled up "naturally" or had been magically enhanced. Am I missing something? Apologize if this isn't in the right spot or brought up before. New to rpgs and forums, tried to check before posting

p4ran0id

Staff member
Ineedalife":3f7b411y said:
I am currently unable to learn disintegrate in icemist as a lvl 12 mage. It says it requires a lvl 5 intellect check which I have with a magical item, lvl 4 without.

That's the problem ;)

For skills, itemm-boni don't count

Ineedalife

Interesting. Not sure why you would want it that way-good for some things not so good for others but oh well. Thanks for the reply, then I guess the "issue" is that sometimes skill enhancements do work for learning. As a warrior I didn't have enough of a certain skill to learn so I equipped a ring with that skill and I was able to learn it. Don't remember which one.

JarrenDrahn

That shouldn't work from my experience. Trait increases from equipment only affect stats, such as damage, and dialogue choices. They do not work when learning skills for any class to my knowledge and I've played the game with every class multiple times. You have to meet the requirements without any augmentation.