Mage balance

kwill

Loreseeker
I recently finished the main quest with my mage. I have to admit I was highly skeptical about the balance of the Ark with a mage and having no companion. I figured the only way that was going to work was with Iron golem, which I did.

Then, just to see how it would go, I respec'ed to go all out magic damage and defense, and to my surprise, it was even easier. Of course, I had the tesla staff by then, but I think with a little pain, suffering, and luck you can find one on your first few Ark visits.

I can tell that the skills and enemies were carefully balanced for the Ark and found that it was still fun and no more challenging than with my other characters. Not only that, but you're not locked into a single mage build when facing the Ark, which was my main concern.

I have to say, too, that for the 2-3 levels leading up to finishing the main quest and for 2-3 levels afterwards I had SO MUCH FUN playing the mage and could hardly put the game down day after day.

Great job on balancing the mage!!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The balance was only possible thanks to the help from the testers. They did a great job and gave me feedback for weeks until the Mage update was ready, and after that they kept providing feedback in the following updates that adjusted it. I'm glad to hear the class works as intended :cool: