General Suggestions

hadamathyz

Hello,
Firstly, I want to let you know that my English is terrible :D :roll: ...
I love Exiled Kingdoms since I started playing I fell in love :shock: :oops: :p , I bought the full version on the second day, I already played with some of the classes and I plan to continue playing. I can not wait to see the expansions that are planned as well as the possibility of playing entirely through Gamepad. Congratulations for your work.

I know there is already a lot of content planned for the future in the game, but here are some suggestions / comments about the game:

• The ability of Kick and Bash has a mechanic that makes it difficult to use, I would like it to be revised because they are very useful but many times I try to use them, they end up failing (Note: whenever I use the creature is close to the character) I usually have to stop (with the creature attacking melee), take a step forward and then use the ability. Tip: Increase her range so creatures within range can be hit for sure.
• Add a teleporter item to any city that is not consumed while using it. The fact that Warrior and Rogue can not have the magic Gate is a very big handicap, I would willingly pay 40000 Gold for this item :shock: :eek: , and could have the cost of 30 HP to use, but could teleport as much as I want to be thinking in saving coins. A high price would guarantee that this advantage is not obtained in the beginning of the game and could be acquired only in Icemist like Portal magic.
• Call mate, if I tell you not to continue to be able to call you at a long distance (eg whistling).
• Add a way to put in the quick access a potion that will be used by the companion, as a game with Bow and my companion is the tank and feel this need (put a different color in this slot to differentiate).

I hope that I have helped with the above comments and that you take them into account.
Thanks in advance.

p4ran0id

Staff member
hadamathyz":2zsatoui said:
Hello,
• Add a teleporter item to any city that is not consumed while using it. The fact that Warrior and Rogue can not have the magic Gate is a very big handicap, I would willingly pay 40000 Gold for this item :shock: :eek: , and could have the cost of 30 HP to use, but could teleport as much as I want to be thinking in saving coins. A high price would guarantee that this advantage is not obtained in the beginning of the game and could be acquired only in Icemist like Portal magic.

Why? There's no benefit in paying 40k instead of using Scrolls.

With 40k you get 66 Scrolls of teleportation. That's more than enough. Also money isn't important with higher lvls. That's something I have more then enough. I never used the gate skill, skill points are quite more valuable then money

hadamathyz

p4ran0id":1rn4u5fe said:
Why? There's no benefit in paying 40k instead of using Scrolls.

With 40k you get 66 Scrolls of teleportation. That's more than enough. Also money isn't important with higher lvls. That's something I have more then enough. I never used the gate skill, skill points are quite more valuable then money

Hi p4ran0id?

Yes, skill points are valuable but can also be redistributed. With an item that is not consumed you do not have to worry if your stock will run out, I can use it 100 times instead of 66 and without worrying. The item can be useful for magic classes that do not want to take magic portal.

p4ran0id

Staff member
What I tried to say was, I used less then 66 scroll of teleport to finish he game and also that won't matter if I had to buy 20 more. It's not really necessary to have such an item. Nice to have, maybe but not more. It's like the gate skill, I never used it because I never needed it, so I don't think it's necessary or worth to implement such an item to he game.

Just my opinion, I Fully understand why you'd like this ;)

JarrenDrahn

The teleportation really is a none issue at this point. There are so many methods of fast travel that adding more is unnecessary.

Calling companions from a distance would be problematic as it requires you to interact in world for the conversation to trigger. Doing it from a distance would be more difficult than you think.

Kick and bash work fine in my experience. If you miss then you aren't in range to attack with a melee weapon. General rule is if your opponent is hitting you in close combat, then you will hit them. The only time it's difficult to judge is with larger monster sprites as sometimes the hitbox is smaller but most of these are immune to knock back anyway.

The last one has been asked for before and the game developer looked into it. I believe it proved more difficult than it sounds to implement.

VDX_360

Staff member
The teleportation aspect comes up rather regularly--clearly there's a notable portion of players who would like an all-class teleport item, or skill. I doubt it's in the cards this late in the game, pun intended, but it's worth noting.

Call Companion button has been discussed several times. Useful if you tell them to wait somewhere and don't want to back track, or get ambushed unexpectedly, or if you get separated in a fight and need them to rally to you. I can't tell you how many times Grissenda has taken off to go fight the enemy on the far side of a large room when I needed her to fight the one right next to her... she gets over zealous sometimes.

JarrenDrahn

I think a simpler solution to that last problem might be an "attack my target" option. Might be easier to code.