All my suggestions: change in the fire ability of the magician, in the companions and in the mercena

Gield

I have been playing the game for a long time and I have seen how it has evolved and improved. Now I want to contribute my suggestions:

The first of all: The magician's fire skill! Why do you have to hurt your partner? Do all other skills hurt the partner? I speak of lightning, ice, the abilities of the warrior as the turn with the sword, etc. I think it would be essential that the ability of fire does not harm the partner because if it is not a skill that many people (myself included) would never choose to play the game, because it hurts me.

The second: The Companions! 2 things about them. First: It would be great if you could use your conversational skills just as you can use Adaon's ability to discover secrets in the statues. I give an example: imagine that Hirge has many points in personality, or Adaon in detection. It would be nice if in the middle of the dialogue Hirge, Adaon or Grissenda could intervene to use the conversation options that are unlocked with the skills. The second thing: to know the history of them. It would be great to know the history of the companions who accompany us throughout the game. This could be done through a mission. This way we would know their origins and motivations.

The third: Mercenaries! Mercenaries are currently very weak and expensive. I never contract them because it is very expensive to pay for them when they arrived at the cave before they were killed. My proposal is that you can choose to hire a more or less powerful mercenary. For them two possibilities: 1. when you talk to a mercenary skip the option to pay more depending on the level you want to be the mercenary. 2. that there are several mercenaries in the city of different levels.

This is it, thanks for reading!

PS: the fact that the ability to fire hurt the partner seems to me something terrible that should change.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
About fireball skill, you hurt only yourself, not your companions (or anyone in your party).

Other skills also doesn't hurt members of your party, but also doesn't hurt yourself (Ice storm is the only one that can hurt you).

p4ran0id

Staff member
1. No it doesn't. Fireball can only hurt you but not your companions

2. The ability to recognize secrets works without dialog. About their history, that's something that will be available with 1.2. You get a quest for each companion and this will unlock advanced skills for them. Each companion gets a quest and I think it will tell you a bit about the background.

Duck123

Loreseeker
Also the companions background is hinted at throughout the game if you pay enough attention