Dungeon Reset

Andre27

Loreseeker
So I left a dungeon after getting the town hall item I wanted to quick save, and then went back in but got killed, then I loaded my save and went in again and everything had reset and every enemy had respawned.

Why would this happen? Seems like a bug to me and if it isn't then it seems like poor design to have monsters reset once you load a save.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
You say you were killed, loaded save and dungeon was respawned?

Isn't that expected behavior? You were killed, so, whatever you did before you were killed doesn't count.

Also, on respawning, it is normal after 12 hours (9 minutes of real time).

VDX_360

Staff member
The in-and-out quick save can be quite helpful for long dungeons, but you run the risk of having the dungeon reset on you if you die and reload, stay at an inn, or the dungeon's auto-reload time happens. That helps prevent people from nibbling at a dungeon and forces them to take it all at once, as designed.

But, good news is, if you do pop out for a save, you keep your xp up to that point if you have to reload. So rather than getting zip for a failed run, you keep some stuff. Not ideal but better than nothing, right?

Andre27

Loreseeker
Alan_SP":4vaf0b1x said:
You say you were killed, loaded save and dungeon was respawned?

Isn't that expected behavior? You were killed, so, whatever you did before you were killed doesn't count.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I clear say half the dungeon, then leave to quick save, enter again and start clearing the other half, then I die to something and reload the quicksave, enter the dungeon again and I find out that the half I had cleared previously and that was still cleared when I first re-entered the dungeon was now reset once I reloaded the save, even though on that save that half was just cleared previously.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
This is why I wrote this part:

Alan_SP":11zowomv said:

Time passes, after 12 in-game hours or 9 minutes in real time, everything respawns.

Andre27

Loreseeker
Alan_SP":1wsx2iw1 said:
This is why I wrote this part:

Alan_SP":1wsx2iw1 said:

Time passes, after 12 in-game hours or 9 minutes in real time, everything respawns.
Even if you reload a previous save? That doesn't make any sense.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Andre27":1uyydb72 said:
So I left a dungeon after getting the town hall item I wanted to quick save, and then went back in but got killed, then I loaded my save and went in again and everything had reset and every enemy had respawned.
After you die and reload, all dungeons reset, irrespective of the time passed. That's totally normal and actually a core feature of the game mechanics. It makes the game hard and you have to plan your explorations more carefully.

Many players like this kind of thing, others might hate it. If you belong to the latter, then probably playing on casual difficulty may be the better solution for you. It allows for saving inside dungeons and the dungeon you are currently in won't reset upon reloading.

Moved to feedback, as this is clearly not a bug.

Szurmat

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I clear say half the dungeon, then leave to quick save, enter again and start clearing the other half, then I die to something and reload the quicksave, enter the dungeon again and I find out that the half I had cleared previously and that was still cleared when I first re-entered the dungeon was now reset once I reloaded the save, even though on that save that half was just cleared previously.
(You most likely don't need this info anymore, but...) after reloading a save, all areas, except the one in-which the save was made, reset. So if you reloaded a quicksave from outside the dungeon it'd reset. You can use the enter-area save-spot not to reset the dungeon.

Made in Heaven

(You most likely don't need this info anymore, but...) after reloading a save, all areas, except the one in-which the save was made, reset. So if you reloaded a quicksave from outside the dungeon it'd reset. You can use the enter-area save-spot not to reset the dungeon.
Isn't that a bit necro? You shouldn't post reply on a 3 year old post.

Szurmat

1) sryy... Just searched for answers on this topic and found this. Saw there was nothing (and it wasn't closed like they asually are (?)) and just wrote it cause I had nothing better to do.

2) tf does 'necro' mean