Testers Feedback Thread - February 2018 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This is the last "aftermath update" to consolidate the big additions from six weeks ago, and will be labeled as 1.1.

Not many "visible" changes, but almost every window and menu in the game has been internally changed to support the PC version. As there have been changes in the game input I want to make sure everything works fine, but I'm rather sure it will.

v.1.1.1069 19/2/17

-Improved input: if you tap on a skill button while performing another action, the skill will trigger right after you complete the attack (previously the input was not registered).
-Upgraded items: Ashen Leggings, Branch of the Holy Tree, Ilmaran Signet Ring, Ring of the Red Sorcerer, Ring of the Planeswalker,Arcanist's Ring of Ice, Ivory Ring, Ring of Holiness, Ring of the Bull, Justice, Maul of Garrak, Rancor, Soul Drinker,Shaman Boots, Energy Cell.
-Increased drop rate of Greater Orbs (some were almost impossible to get).
-All wands and staves with Arcane attribute 3+ have increased damage and critical range now.
-Controllers can now map up to 8 skills.
-Small layout changes in Maze of Lamth Lev.1
-Fixed a bug related to the red particles from Ashen Cape doing full damage even when wearing the appropiate protection.
-When you tap on an item's attributes, you'll get a more detailed description.
-Fixes an aggro bug when companion consumed a harmful potion.
-Companions will not become frozen when at certain distance from the player.

As there's no new content, just play the game. Maybe start a new one to see the early areas are all OK. As always, thanks for your generous help testing this game.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":2atwuotw said:
The buffer still needs a little bit more adaption.

The previous problem is gone, good work! But if you use a 'buffered skill', sometimes it won't activate if you release and press the attack button fast enough. Could reproduce it several times (activate kick while attacking, release and press attack and kick is still buffered (button stays green)) .

That's only a problem if you're very fast with clicking (maybe timer for the skill buffer adjustment?)

The skill fires right after the attack finishes... I was unable to reproduce it after many attempts, with both kick and whirlwind. I was tapping like crazy, green-skill fired as soon as I completed an attack, every time. there must be something we are doing differently.

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":3tu1iekq said:
p4ran0id":3tu1iekq said:
The buffer still needs a little bit more adaption.

The previous problem is gone, good work! But if you use a 'buffered skill', sometimes it won't activate if you release and press the attack button fast enough. Could reproduce it several times (activate kick while attacking, release and press attack and kick is still buffered (button stays green)) .

That's only a problem if you're very fast with clicking (maybe timer for the skill buffer adjustment?)

The skill fires right after the attack finishes... I was unable to reproduce it after many attempts, with both kick and whirlwind. I was tapping like crazy, green-skill fired as soon as I completed an attack, every time. there must be something we are doing differently.

Deleted (send you via private message)

Wyrm

Loreseeker
I had the same controller difficulties. But the 1.1.1071 corrected everything with warrior and rogue that I can tell.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Wyrm":2sts3fls said:
Shield of the Dragon hunter description is overlapping. Checking all my other gear now. need to go to tremadan have some unique stuff there.

this is very helpful thanks, some screenshots of the items with overlapping issues would save me some time, as it seems to depend on resolution.

I fixed the issue reported by P4ran0id too, input should be fixed with ranged attacks as well when I upload 1072, but I want to solve the problem with overlapping item descriptions first, any reports on this are welcome!

p4ran0id

Staff member
DavidBVal":3vlpsgsl said:
I want to solve the problem with overlapping item descriptions first, any reports on this are welcome!

The traits in German are overlapping a bit (8" device with 720p resolution)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180220-152846-640x360.png
    Screenshot_20180220-152846-640x360.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 618

p4ran0id

Staff member
also several small problems with other languages

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20180220-155410_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20180220-155410_LI.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 613
  • InkedScreenshot_20180220-155734_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20180220-155734_LI.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 613
  • InkedScreenshot_20180220-155910_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20180220-155910_LI.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 613

p4ran0id

Staff member
(second post because of the limitation of 3 pics )

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20180220-160004_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20180220-160004_LI.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 613

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll probably fix those small adjustments on the translations on another update, noted them all for now, thanks.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Uploading 1072. It should be the final fix for skills input, and also fix the item description overlay with items with long names & text.

I'll probably still have another build in a couple days while this one is tested, so the translations have a little more time to complete the folders they're working on.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Concerning the trait descriptions posted by p4ran0id: Some do not fit the actual trait levels. There was a bug posted a long time ago that the descriptions correspond to the augmented trait levels (boosted by equipment) and not the base values shown in the trait window (irrespective of language). Maybe this never got fixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.